Horseshoe bay?

sue7045

Yes, there is a concession stand that rents chairs and umbrellas; and since the beach is very popular with the tourists, try to get there as early as possible.

Assuming you will be docking at the Dockyard (Heritage Wharf or King's Wharf), you could board a local route #7 bus (inbound) there for about a 35 minute bus ride to HSB. Sometimes there is a direct bus to HSB, makes no local stops. The local bus runs on a 30 minute schedule, IIRC; the direct waits for a full load of passengers.

Here is a Horseshoe Bay Beach YouTube video:

SBtS

Yes, chair and umbrellas are available to rent. Very easy to get to by bus. However, you get off the bus at the top of a hill and must walk down which is about a five minute walk. There is a van that you can take back up the hill for $2

SBtS, can't believe the OP had no responses and now we post at the same time. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
OK then thank u

Since no suggestion was made as to where to snorkel, you might try Churh Bay which is a few bus stops before Horeseshoe Bay coming from Dockyard. It can be rough there so you must be careful. Another place is Tobacco Bay which would be a ferry ride to St. George and then a shuttle or you can do the 10 minutes walk.

Thank U..now i'm thinking of hitting Horseshoe Beach in the morning - i just love the ocean and then after lunch heading back and going to Snorkel Park for snorkeling - does that sound like it could work?

Since no suggestion was made as to where to snorkel, you might try Churh Bay which is a few bus stops before Horeseshoe Bay coming from Dockyard. It can be rough there so you must be careful. Another place is Tobacco Bay which would be a ferry ride to St. George and then a shuttle or you can do the 10 minutes walk.

Thank U..now i'm thinking of hitting Horseshoe Beach in the morning - i just love the ocean and then after lunch heading back and going to Snorkel Park for snorkeling - does that sound like it could work?

Snorkel Park is a poor choice as well, for any "serious" snorkeling. :)

The above also reference Church Bay. It is, in my opinion for advanced snorkelers. I have never seen it "calm". It is a hard swim out, and the south shore is a lot rougher than north, where I use several shore snorkel sites as well. 2 years ago on the cruise "week" I was there, there were 40 rescues at Church Bay.

Snorkel Park is a poor choice as well, for any "serious" snorkeling. :)

The above also reference Church Bay. It is, in my opinion for advanced snorkelers. I have never seen it "calm". It is a hard swim out, and the south shore is a lot rougher than north, where I use several shore snorkel sites as well. 2 years ago on the cruise "week" I was there, there were 40 rescues at Church Bay.

How about making some suggestions for the OP in addition to telling them where not to go?;)

• 2 weeks later...

We love Tobacco Bay for snorkeling. The high speed water ferry from the Dockyard to St. George's is included in your bus pass. Tobacco bay is about a 15 minute walk from the ferry port. The beach has a nice concession stand with bar drinks, burgers, sandwiches, etc. The best snorkeling is to the right (facing the water) among the volcanic rock formations. You'll ALWAYS find HUGE colorful fish that will swim along with you. The rocks are sharp though, and you'll want to tell your kids to respect the fish so they'll remain tolerant of us humans.

There are no jet ski rentals at Horseshoe Bay. The only way to rent a jet ski in Bermuda is to become part of an organized guided tour. Here are 2 companies that offer a tour, there could be others:

K&S Water Sports - http://www.kswatersports.com/

Snorkel Park Water Sports - http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com/

SBtS

Archived