Capri & St. Tropez on a Sunday...

timandnancy

We were in Capri on a Sunday in November 2007. Though we don't shop much, I know that the souvenir shops were all open by the ferry dock (Marina Grande) because we bought a guidebook with a map there so we'd know where to go on our own. I don't remember whether the shops up in the "city" of Capri proper were open or not.

I do remember that the cafes in the main square in Capri were all open, and I remember a nice relaxing meal there after a great day walking around the island... Memories of limoncello and fresh seafood are making me hungry! I don't think you'll starve, and September is probably a higher season for tourist-oriented businesses than was November.

We were in Capri on a Sunday in April (early May?) last year and there were few people when we first arrived but by 1:00 the ferries had deposited lots of people who had come over for the day. One gentleman told me it was a popular trip for local families and the cafes were filled and the shops were all open and busy.

Archived