Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Just got luggage tags for our Feb. 13 FOS cruise and they are in a different color than I remember from our last FOS cruises and marked D+. Wonder if that is new.

Hi Sherri! :)

We are just back from the 10 day Jewel cruise, which was a great time. Beautiful ship (my first time on the Jewel) and first 10 day for us. Were lucky with the weather also.

Checked online while on the ship on 1/21 and noticed we were now Emerald with 76 points. Add the 10 points for the 10 day on the Jewel, and we should now officially be Diamond. Looking forward to that posting! ;) And of course our first cruise on the Radiance the end of next month as Diamonds. :D

Have not seen the Emerald pins, but probably won't now. Anyone else see them?

Hi Sherri! :)

We are just back from the 10 day Jewel cruise, which was a great time. Beautiful ship (my first time on the Jewel) and first 10 day for us. Were lucky with the weather also.

Checked online while on the ship on 1/21 and noticed we were now Emerald with 76 points. Add the 10 points for the 10 day on the Jewel, and we should now officially be Diamond. Looking forward to that posting! ;) And of course our first cruise on the Radiance the end of next month as Diamonds. :D

Have not seen the Emerald pins, but probably won't now. Anyone else see them?

Pat --Glad you enjoyed the Jewel - -it is a beautiful ship and will be easily accessible next year as it will be in Tampa for 4 and 5 nighters. It was grat that you had such good weather.

Let me know how it turns out with getting to be Diamond. It sounds good. If you like, you email me at sherriz366 at aol dot com (phonetically spelled to avoid spam).

Pat --Glad you enjoyed the Jewel - -it is a beautiful ship and will be easily accessible next year as it will be in Tampa for 4 and 5 nighters. It was grat that you had such good weather.

Let me know how it turns out with getting to be Diamond. It sounds good. If you like, you email me at sherriz366 at aol dot com (phonetically spelled to avoid spam).

Thanks Sherri! :)

I ordered my luggage tags today when I was doing my setsail pass information. Those tags of course will state Emerald. Not sure if I should, or will able, to re-order the tags once they post my Diamond status. Probably not an issue anyway. ;)

Everyone..chill out. Why is it so important to have a status..is it just human nature to say look at me and post all our cruises in the signature block. We are diamond soon to be diamond plus but we do not tatoo that on our foreheads. We cruise because it is the best way to see the world. We pick ports first then we pick the cruise line then decide if we get the perks with that cruise lines. We NEVER pick the cruise line frist then decide what ports does this cruise line go to. The majority of our cruises are with RCI but we have travelled on others and gained loyalty with those lines. I just do not understand way we list all the cruise we have been on and our statues. Does it give us more creditability in what we post ?? Yes my signature block has future cruises posted just so that if someone was on the same cruise we can make contact. But once these cruises are done we do not post them as past cruises. Just wondering why we post past cruise and statues and kids and dogs and etc.

Everyone..chill out. Why is it so important to have a status..is it just human nature to say look at me and post all our cruises in the signature block. We are diamond soon to be diamond plus but we do not tatoo that on our foreheads. We cruise because it is the best way to see the world. We pick ports first then we pick the cruise line then decide if we get the perks with that cruise lines. We NEVER pick the cruise line frist then decide what ports does this cruise line go to. The majority of our cruises are with RCI but we have travelled on others and gained loyalty with those lines. I just do not understand way we list all the cruise we have been on and our statues. Does it give us more creditability in what we post ?? Yes my signature block has future cruises posted just so that if someone was on the same cruise we can make contact. But once these cruises are done we do not post them as past cruises. Just wondering why we post past cruise and statues and kids and dogs and etc.

Some of us don't! As a matter of fact, I have blocked all that stuff out when reading the forum.

Having said that, I am proud and happy to be D+.

Why?

Not because of the status per se, but because of the wonderful benefits...

and yes, the cruise line and status does matter to me. You can't beat access to the CL or Diamond Event as a perk. Carnival and NCL don't come close to RCCL in their benefits.

A good loyalty program engenders loyalty!

Some of us don't! As a matter of fact, I have blocked all that stuff out when reading the forum.

Having said that, I am proud and happy to be D+.

Why?

Not because of the status per se, but because of the wonderful benefits...

and yes, the cruise line and status does matter to me. You can't beat access to the CL or Diamond Event as a perk. Carnival and NCL don't come close to RCCL in their benefits.

A good loyalty program engenders loyalty!

So you would not experience another cruise line if the ports you wanted to visit was not on RCI ? You would wait until RCI went to the ports then take that cruise and not take a cruise on another line just to experiment ? I understand the perks are great but is that your sole deciding factor ??

I just do not understand way we list all the cruise we have been on and our statues. Does it give us more creditability in what we post ?? Yes my signature block has future cruises posted just so that if someone was on the same cruise we can make contact.

Well, most of the time I block out siggies, but frankly, I am way more interested in where people have been than where they might be going. Why? Because they might be able and willing to share their comments and thoughts about that trip, and it might help me decide what I might want to do going forward!

I really don't think there's a huge mystery about that!

Well, most of the time I block out siggies, but frankly, I am way more interested in where people have been than where they might be going. Why? Because they might be able and willing to share their comments and thoughts about that trip, and it might help me decide what I might want to do going forward!

Oh I understand that. Would you consider delisting your 1960, 1999 and maybe 2001 trips since things might of changed ??

I just do not understand way we list all the cruise we have been on and our statues. Does it give us more creditability in what we post ??

Actually YES it does give people more credibility...

If I ask advice I will value advice from someone who was JUST on that ship (as evident by there signature) OR they have been on that ship 20 times (as evident by their signature), over someone who was on ship once 7 years ago. Or better yet someone who has never been on the ship but heard from a guy who's sister's boyfriend was on the ship.

Someone that has been cruising for years on Royal will have better info than someone who just took their first cruise.

So you would not experience another cruise line if the ports you wanted to visit was not on RCI ? You would wait until RCI went to the ports then take that cruise and not take a cruise on another line just to experiment ? I understand the perks are great but is that your sole deciding factor ??

Yeah, basically. We cruise for the ships not the ports. If you REALLY have interest in some port, being there for 7 hours off a cruise ship isn't going to even let you scratch the surface of that place. If I was really all that interested in a port, I would take a land vacation there.

Oh I understand that. Would you consider delisting your 1960, 1999 and maybe 2001 trips since things might of changed ??

Would you consider not bothering me about them? (YES I am looking for the few people who might have shared the 1960 cruise with me.)

If you don't want to see my previous cruises....turn your siggies off. Otherwise, MYOB.

Yeah, basically. We cruise for the ships not the ports. If you REALLY have interest in some port, being there for 7 hours off a cruise ship isn't going to even let you scratch the surface of that place. If I was really all that interested in a port, I would take a land vacation there.

True THAT! People are always asking me: where is your next cruise going? Heck, I don't know! I'm going somewhere in the Caribbean, since I am cruising from Galveston. If for some reason we should miss all three ports, the only way I would notice would be that it would be crowded on the ship on the days I thought were going to be nice, quiet and peaceful days with most of the ship to ourselves.

When I was considerably younger, I spent a LOT of time in Mexico (Saltillo, Monterrey and Mexico City), and also in the Caribbean. What we see on these cruises is NOT Mexico (or the Caribbean). These ports are simply Americanized tourist traps. I have no problem that people enjoy them - but this is not Mexico...in fact, it's not even "travel" to me - it's just an extended hotel stay that moves. :D

Some people just have too much time on their hands and all they do is complain. If I wanted to forget where I have been, I would remove my signature cruises. I love seeing where I have been and when I was there. In fact, I had to go back to my signature tonight to see when I did a certain cruise. If it wasn't in my signature, I would have never remembered. If you don't like reading about people's past cruises, turn it off or go to another type of blog where you will be happier.

Hope you are more pleasant in person.....why have you jumped in here and started arguments?

As you said.....chill out......

Some people just have too much time on their hands and all they do is complain. If I wanted to forget where I have been, I would remove my signature cruises. I love seeing where I have been and when I was there. In fact, I had to go back to my signature tonight to see when I did a certain cruise. If it wasn't in my signature, I would have never remembered. If you don't like reading about people's past cruises, turn it off or go to another type of blog where you will be happier.

I love seeing everyone's upcoming and past cruises! :D

Isn't that why we are here? To share our experiences and to discuss our future adventures! I hope some day my past cruise list will be 3 pages long! :D

That is so cool you have took a cruise in 1960 and have it listed. I think that has to be the oldest one I have noticed besides the navy guys. Don't let anyone tell you what to post on your signature.

congrats and many more years of smooth seas and happy cruising to you.

I am going to open a can of worms. If a spouse dies do you inherit thier points?:rolleyes:

Sure the right of survivorship or just put them in your will. I can see it now, "and to billy I leave half my Crown and Anchor points and the rest to be divided among the rest of the family" Too funny

That is so cool you have took a cruise in 1960 and have it listed. I think that has to be the oldest one I have noticed besides the navy guys. Don't let anyone tell you what to post on your signature.

congrats and many more years of smooth seas and happy cruising to you.

Tee-hee! I think you just called me old :D:D

I actually have a photo of the old tub as someone called it. Let me see if I can link to it.

It's kind of hard to read but the ship was 8481 GT, I believe. (Click on the thumbnail.) There were six of us children and some 89 other passengers.

alcoa.jpg.624b9ffe783372dc5fe366baa1583cc8.jpg

Hope you are more pleasant in person.....why have you jumped in here and started arguments?

As you said.....chill out......

Just asking questions and expressing an opiniion ? I guess that is not allowed on this board ? I guess this is a sensitive issue like smoking and tipping ? Just not sure what to thinik now. Have to give it some thought. I guess I will refrain from comments until I have done some research on replies.

Sure the right of survivorship or just put them in your will. I can see it now, "and to billy I leave half my Crown and Anchor points and the rest to be divided among the rest of the family" Too funny

I am not sure you can will your C&A points since they are attached to the signature blocks and those can not be transferred under international law ?

Look everybody the chages they made is good why are people on this thresd making a big deal off it this,the change been made there turning back so deal with it if not there are other cruise companys out there.Thanks for the change i made diamond plus

Our status was not really "grandfathered" as a cruise we took on Jan 13th was not included in the conversion, even though it was taken prior to the reported Jan 21 start date.

Under the old program, this last cruise would have put us just one sailing away (9 credits) from reaching Diamond level (10 credits). Since Royal Caribbean decided to use a previously unpublished cutoff date of Jan 12th, we are now 3-4 cruises away from reaching Diamond (need 28 of the new points). We contacted the Crown and Anchor Society regarding this and the reply was "sorry".

Followed up the conversation with an email and received what appeared to be a canned reply that included, "Remember, purchasing a suite will earn you DOUBLE points; making your progression to Diamond even faster than before. " Had to laugh since we always book a suite and the new program has actually sent us back :-)

While the new program certainly has some nice features, my wife and I apparently did not make out as well as others with the conversion.

Just asking questions and expressing an opiniion ? I guess that is not allowed on this board ? I guess this is a sensitive issue like smoking and tipping ? Just not sure what to thinik now. Have to give it some thought. I guess I will refrain from comments until I have done some research on replies.

Asking questions is great...expressing an opinion is great.....but doing it in a way that is so negative towards other people is not the way folks on CC usually do it.

stay with us.......we will all get along!

Look everybody the chages they made is good why are people on this thresd making a big deal off it this,the change been made there turning back so deal with it if not there are other cruise companys out there.Thanks for the change i made diamond plus

The bar is open!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Archived