sailiing on Rotterdam in August 2011

beachluvr65

we just received our flight information after booking with air on HAL

our flight information says we fly into Amsterdam airport and cruise materials say we sail out of Rotterdam. Does anyone know how far the port is from the airport or how long the transfer takes in time. I assume we will be bussed to the port by HAL from the airport.

Thanks.

Rick

If you booked your air through HAL, then it will include transfers from the airport to the pier. I can't remember how far Rotterdam is. A good hour, maybe?

Are you arriving the day of sailing? :eek: You'll be too tired to enjoy the first day aboard. Could you arrive at least a day early to help get over any jet lag?

we just received our flight information after booking with air on HAL

our flight information says we fly into Amsterdam airport and cruise materials say we sail out of Rotterdam. Does anyone know how far the port is from the airport or how long the transfer takes in time. I assume we will be bussed to the port by HAL from the airport.

Thanks.

Rick

The Amsterdam is south of the city, while the Rotterdam cruise-terminal is city-centre.

Depending on traffic the transfer will last about 45-60 minutes.

Sailing from Rotterdam to the sea, nicest view over various small towns etc. will be on the starboardside. Portside is mainly commercial.

Archived