Another question for those aboard Adonia on February 3, 2005

rkacruiser

After sailing from Georgetown, Grand Cayman, the Adonia returned to the harbor area and appeared to meet a small boat coming out from shore. Star Princess was anchored too far away to see what was going on, but for a cruise ship to return from a just-departed port is an unusual occurance.

Can anyone aboard Adonia that day share any information about why the ship returned to Georgetown?

Annieuk

I've been reading a few worrying reports about Adonia and a drop in standards due to it switching back to Princess. What did you think about your cruise? I am taking my mum on our first P&O cruise on Adonia at easter and would welcome any comments.

Many thanks

Wendy

Wendy, this was my first time on P&0 so can't say if standards have changed. As far as we are concerned it was brilliant, food, layout of ship, everything. If you are logged onto P&0 Cruise Connections site (www.pocruises.co.uk) you will find I have written a detailed review of our trip under the On Board Forum. If you haven't registered on the CC site it's well worth doing so as you'll get lots of information on there. However, if there's anything you want to know in particular just say and I'll try to answer. Don't believe people who always seem to want to criticise. Yes I suppose I could mention a few things I didn't like, rather weak coffee in Cafe Corniche and plastic mugs in Pavillion buffet but these are minor points and if there was anything out of the ordinary we wanted the staff tried very hard to supply it. Adonia is a wonderful ship, only too sorry she's going back to Princess. Regards, annieuk:)

Annieuk: I suspected it might have been a passenger suddenly taken ill. A similar type of situation happened on a cruise I was on aboard the Volendam at Cairns, Australia. We had pulled away from the dock(with much "tooting" of the ship's horn, I might add), when we stopped and started backing into the docking space we had just left. Captain Harris then came on the P.A. and told us that the ship's doctor had determined that a passenger who had taken ill needed to be removed from the ship immediately and not wait until our next port.

Thanks for the reply!

Annieuk,

We will be sailing on the Sea Princess (a.k.a Adonia) on 7/2 and we have a few questions. It is a smaller ship than we are used to-was your trip smooth? Any roughness noted? We will be in the North Sea and I am not certain what to expect.

Any input you have or any thoughts from anyone else reading this thread would be terrific. Thank you

Our trip in the Caribbean was incredibly smooth. Adonia (Sea Princess) was larger than the previous ship we had been. However, the North Sea in July (I assume you mean the 2nd of July and not the 7th February - we write it the other way round over here) could be a different matter. Hopefully it won't be too windy but I wouldn't like to promise sun. July should be ok so will keep fingers crossed for you. Have a wonderful trip.:)

Archived