Urgent question about room safe on Imagination

Groliv

Leaving tomorrow and hope that someone on here can answer this question regarding in-room safes on Imagination:

I think a credit card is required to lock the safe ? If this is true, this does not make sense to me because that would mean I would have to then take my CC with me everywhere I go.

Can someone please clear this up for me ? Can I lock the in-room safe with S&S card ?

Please reply ASAP ?:eek:

I use an old grocery store card and when I'm out of the cabin we put it in our carry-on which is locked.

We've even just left the card in a pocket of a shirt in the closet, and we've never had a problem with anything missing.

Like the others said,,,any card with a magnetic strip. (I use my "Craftsman Club" card. If I lose it, the most anyone can get is a great deal on a screwdriver!) ;) Do NOT use your sign-n-sail card. I've heard a number of reasons why, including that you won't be able to open the safe again, and will have to call the pursers desk and get someone to open it for you. If it did work, then the master card that ALL the room stewards use to open your cabin, would also open your safe. (Don't think you'd like that much.) Anyway, just take an old library card, grocery store card, or room key from your hotel. No problem mon.

"SKY"

Would anyone happen to know if this is the same on the Fantasy? Thank you. :D

It works on all ships that have the magnetic swipe safes. The other safes have a push button code the you individualize (like on the Dream).

Would anyone happen to know if this is the same on the Fantasy? Thank you. :D

Any slide lock safe requiring a carded magnetic strip can be operated the same way - I use either a credit card which I would take into port anyway, or a used gift card with no value on it during sea days. Some other safes have programmable combination punch codes.

Any slide lock safe requiring a carded magnetic strip can be operated the same way - I use either a credit card which I would take into port anyway, or a used gift card with no value on it during sea days. Some other safes have programmable combination punch codes.

Thanks all. I didn't realize there were 2 different types of safes. We loved the punch code safe on the Dream. I'll just "forget" to turn in a key at the hotel and take with just in case. :D

Archived