Canadians treated differently on "X"???? Any Canuck ever get an "upgrade" A real one?

A Sixth?

Hi,

Been on == X == X 8 and got '"upgraded '' X 5....

Not doing too bad for a Canuck...( which by the way has absolutely ''zero'' to do with whether the upgrade Gods '' like'' you or not.)

The best '' upgrade'' is the one you pay for....

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

If Canadians want to get upgrades, then they should go on Canadian cruise ships instead of cruising on good American ships that cruise out of American ports like Vancouver, US of A.

Den

Which ships are registered in the US. Aren't they all GREEK (captain, asst captain, etc)

Well then I must be in serious trouble...even though I now live in Toronah, I was born and raised a Habs fan. Since my address is in Maple Laugh country, and they will never play good, I am being unfairly placed in with those I don't support. I bleed the Blue Blanc et Rouge at Cenre Hice!

I keep hearing that Hamilton would like to have a NHL team? Do you think if that ever happens they'll give also give one to Toronah. Sure would be nice.:)

There's two threads on right now, one about upgrades and one about Canadians......

So far, I have never ever met a Canadian, (or Brit or Aussie for that matter), who has received an upgrade on Celebrity. At least not yet.

And when I say upgrade I am only counting "real" ones.... an OV to a Balcony or suite, not an "OV class Marshmallow" to an "OV Class Yummy treats". :D

And on our last cruise a few days ago I met a few lucky souls who had scored big upgrades, so they were handing a few out..... "full ship no room to maneuver" was not the case a bit.

Let's hear it from everyone who has been given a "real" upgrade. Any Fur-iners? :confused:

72103987_gi.jpg

Belgian foreign chick here. In 2009, we got an upgrade from oceanview to balcony on the Century.

I seem to get an upgrade about 25% of my cruises. It could be a coincidence but 25% is the premium I am paying Celebrity for prepaid gratuities in Canadian dollars. This is for my upcoming Century trip on January 31.

Seems a might steep. Last time I checked the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US. I guess we Canadians are treated differently after all.

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread asking Canadians if they felt that they were treated differently at embarkation and debarkation. We've been roughed up a tad by US Customs and TSA a few times so I inquired out of curiosity and also out of a sense of concern for our northern neighbors. Didn't go over well, still smarting a bit.

Despite lots of cruising and booking guarantees a number of times, we've never been upgraded. Perhaps it is easier when one cruises the same line all the time.

Hope to meet lots of friendly Canadians on our cruise later this month. We seem to have a bias towards northern Europeans and our North American neighbors.

I seem to get an upgrade about 25% of my cruises. It could be a coincidence but 25% is the premium I am paying Celebrity for prepaid gratuities in Canadian dollars. This is for my upcoming Century trip on January 31.

Seems a might steep. Last time I checked the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US. I guess we Canadians are treated differently after all.

Hi,

I ALWAYS book in USD....Never did I ever see a price display where the CAD was priced favourably and realistically VS the USD.

Cheers

We received an upgrade in 2002 on the Century! We were put into a Sky Suite for the second week of a back to back. There was a problem with our cabin and as were very pleasant to guest relations (not shouting):o They asked if we would just "sleep" in a different cabin for the last two nights of the first week and they would change us on the second week. We said that was fine as the noise only bothered us at night!

We were Captains Club members and we had paid for that privilage if I remember it was about $35.00 to join, it was not automatic.So they transfered us to the Sky suite..It was excellent but we found having a butler just too much, I don't like all the fuss about canapes, afternoon tea etc. But wow what a cabin and we were spoilt by all the guest relations staff!!! We received champagne from them as well as from housekeeping. In return I sent chocolates and when we were leaving I left all our toiletries and sunscream for them....That went down well!!!

We've been roughed up a tad by US Customs and TSA a few times so I inquired out of curiosity and also out of a sense of concern for our northern neighbors. Didn't go over well, still smarting a bit.

I'm very curious of your statement here. How exactly were you "roughed up" by US customs and TSA? And for what reasons?

It was excellent but we found having a butler just too much, I don't like all the fuss about canapes, afternoon tea etc. But wow what a cabin and we were spoilt by all the guest relations staff!!! We received champagne from them as well as from housekeeping. In return I sent chocolates and when we were leaving I left all our toiletries and sunscream for them....That went down well!!!

I agree, the whole suite experience is great. As for the butler, we don't need all that fuss either, so we just tell them and they back off. They are not pushy about it at all. They just say ok, if you need anything, just call. They're pretty good that way.

I keep hearing that Hamilton would like to have a NHL team? Do you think if that ever happens they'll give also give one to Toronah. Sure would be nice.:)

I totally agree, but honestly, I can never see Toronah ever getting one.

That's spelled TRONAAHH

Never got an upgrade I didn't pay for. :D I sense you are onto something eh-6th

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOW viewpost.gif

They can have the Sens, in this current state of disarray. :eek:

Maybe they can make one team out of the two.:confused:

I thought that Hamiliton had an NHL franchise? Certainly a lot of the Bulldogs are playing for the HABS now!:D

Now I heard from a Professor freind of mine recently that he went into a bar where there was a Robot Bartender. The Robot asked my friend for his drink order, and served possibly the best Martini ever. The Robot then asked my friends IQ. He being a Physicist anwered "Oh about 200." Then the Robot got into a lengty discussion on Particle Physics, Quarks etc. My friend was much impressed, and decided on leaving that he had to put the Robot to a test. So he changed his appearance slightly and went back in. He had a 2nd marvelous Martini and when asked his IQ he said "Around about 150." The Robot then launched into a discussion about NASCAR, Playboy Playmates etc. My friend decided to test the Robot 1 more time, and he changed his appearance and went back in. Again he had a great Martini, and when asked his IQ, he said "Uhh I tink around 90." The Robot then said v e r y slowly, "So what do you think about the Leafs chances this year!?"

I also heard of a young boy pleading with a Judge to be taken away from his parents as they were abusive and beat him constantly. The kind and benevolent Judege offered to place the boy with Grand Parents, but the boy wept and said that they beat him even worse than his parents. The Judge tried Aunts, Uncles, older brothers and sisters, and always had the same reply! Finally in desparation he asked the young boy if there was anyone that he could suggest. The young lad said " The Toronto Maple Leafs." The Judge thought this a little unusual and asked the reason for the request. The boy responded " 'Cause they can't beat anybody!":D

Toronto is the only place where Maple Leafs fall in spring as well as the fall!

how do you keep Leafs off your yard? Put a goal net on it!

No upgrades on Celebrity... but then, no upgrades on Royal Caribbean or Princess either. My personal belief is that they don't happen that often, but when people score big with an upgrade they want to let everyone know about their good fortune, so it seems like it happens more.

I've booked with the cruise line directly, with a Canadian TA and with an American TA... no upgrades.

Haven't checked prices lately but with our dollar being so strong, I suspect my next booking with be with an American TA to take advantage of the exchange rate.

Archived