Canadians treated differently on "X"???? Any Canuck ever get an "upgrade" A real one?

A Sixth?

There's two threads on right now, one about upgrades and one about Canadians......

So far, I have never ever met a Canadian, (or Brit or Aussie for that matter), who has received an upgrade on Celebrity. At least not yet.

And when I say upgrade I am only counting "real" ones.... an OV to a Balcony or suite, not an "OV class Marshmallow" to an "OV Class Yummy treats". :D

And on our last cruise a few days ago I met a few lucky souls who had scored big upgrades, so they were handing a few out..... "full ship no room to maneuver" was not the case a bit.

Let's hear it from everyone who has been given a "real" upgrade. Any Fur-iners? :confused:

72103987_gi.jpg

we are americans and have been on about 12 celebrity cruises and have never received an upgrade of any kind, except the 1 catagory upgrade inside to inside and outside to outside. we don't expect anything we didn't pay for.

And cruises always cost us more money because of the exchange rate and taxes, even presently when the dollars are pretty much at par. We got upgraded in Alaska in June on Princess (insice to ocean view aft) and my parents have been upgraded twice on Holland (inside to balcony-Asia) but I don't think that has anything to do with us being Canadian.

That's a decent upgrade IMHO!

It was almost a sure thing upgrade because of the research I did before booking. When checking the cabin availability on a website I use that shows up to 15 cabins per category on each deck that had them, it showed that number available for all decks with superior OV cabins, so there could have been more than that number unsold and no possibility to select insides or regular OV cabins so I booked the lower priced inside gty. I saw a similar situation and did the same for a couple of RC cruises I booked guarantees on and also got the upgrade I felt we would get.

It will have absolutely nothing with nationality.....it (in my opinion) is a pointless question to even ask

I dunno, considering how much pointless question-asking and trivial debate there is on Cruise Critic, I found this topic a humorous one.

We booked an inside GTY on Disney last summer and were upgraded to a balcony. But then we all know that Mickey has an inherent bias towards Canadians. ;)

"So far, I have never ever met a Canadian, (or Brit or Aussie for that matter), who has received an upgrade on Celebrity. At least not yet."

On our very first cruise...the innaugral of the Infinity we were upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony on the Sky deck. We found out when we got to port and were in total shock.

Smart marketing:) Since then we have only booked balcony rooms.

"So far, I have never ever met a Canadian, (or Brit or Aussie for that matter), who has received an upgrade on Celebrity. At least not yet."

On our very first cruise...the innaugral of the Infinity we were upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony on the Sky deck. We found out when we got to port and were in total shock.

Smart marketing:) Since then we have only booked balcony rooms.

That "freebie" sounds like it's been costing you a few extra bucks ever since! :D

As Canadians, we are constantly being downgraded from being able to consume Canadian beer to having to endure American beer. Always end up having to pay extra to get an upgrade to Heineken, a compromise at least.

L:DL

Yes, I would agree - Serving Canadian Beer on a cruise would be "upgrade" enough for me. :p

And while were on the subject, how can we convince the lines to carry Timmies coffee instead of the "stuff" they call coffee? ;)

But+t to answer the OP's question - No. :(

we are americans and have been on about 12 celebrity cruises and have never received an upgrade of any kind, except the 1 catagory upgrade inside to inside and outside to outside. we don't expect anything we didn't pay for.

Same way with us...sstill looking forward to our first real upgrade...

We got a complementary bottle of rye in our cabin instead of that awful cheap stuff they referred to as champagne.

Are you kidding? How'd you manage that? We leave that swill behind for the staff!!

Barbara

What!?! Canadians getting upgrades before every US citizen is offered it?? Whats going on here! How dare our good American Cruise ships offer better SR's to a lot of fouriners. Some guy once told me that all those cruise ships aren't 'American', so I told him, then why do they all speak American! Huhh??

If Canadians want to get upgrades, then they should go on Canadian cruise ships instead of cruising on good American ships that cruise out of American ports like Vancouver, US of A.

by the way, the same thing happened to us....offered a balcony and jumped on it.....and never went back! Boy did they get their money's worth (and so do we!).

Den

What!?! Canadians getting upgrades before every US citizen is offered it?? Whats going on here! How dare our good American Cruise ships offer better SR's to a lot of fouriners. Some guy once told me that all those cruise ships aren't 'American', so I told him, then why do they all speak American! Huhh??

If Canadians want to get upgrades, then they should go on Canadian cruise ships instead of cruising on good American ships that cruise out of American ports like Vancouver, US of A.

by the way, the same thing happened to us....offered a balcony and jumped on it.....and never went back! Boy did they get their money's worth (and so do we!).

Den

LOL! You one funny American Dude! I like you! :D:D:D

And I love your threads! Reminds us that this is about Vacationing and Cruising and having fun.

Hope we join up some day, but then its like most 'internet relationships'....once we meet, you'll tire of me quickly and dump me for another poster with a more sexy avatar.

Den

And I love your threads! Reminds us that this is about Vacationing and Cruising and having fun.

Hope we join up some day, but then its like most 'internet relationships'....once we meet, you'll tire of me quickly and dump me for another poster with a more sexy avatar.

Den

Oh Dear! :o

For you.... I change my Avatar!:D

I think that being upgraded may have something to do with how well the Habs are doing.......we have never been upgraded so at least this is consistent.

Well then I must be in serious trouble...even though I now live in Toronah, I was born and raised a Habs fan. Since my address is in Maple Laugh country, and they will never play good, I am being unfairly placed in with those I don't support. I bleed the Blue Blanc et Rouge at Cenre Hice!

Archived