Barcelona Tour Buses

CaroleLee

Does anyone know if there is a difference ? I keep seeing Ads, mention of Barcelona City Bus (which appears to be red in color) and Barcelona Bus Touristic (which appears to be blue in color). Are these the same company but 2 different routes? 2 Different companies with similar routes? or am I losing my mund/

Thanks

Carole

2 competing companies.

Don't know which is better as I tend to do things on my own.

Thank you. We usually tour our own but the buss appears to be a good way to get around town/cover a lot of ground. If anyone out there has experience with either company would appreciate it

Carole

I have been to many European (and North American) cities and always recommend the hop on hop off bus tours for the first visit to any city. I do so because, in an hour or so, you get an overview of the city and a perspective on distances plus you get to use it as transportation for the 24 hour period.

I have had great success using Viator dot com. Viator is a reseller of existing services but, you can order and pay for your tours or admissions before hand and helps in planning your visit. I have most recently used them in Rome and in NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Past summer we suffered many delays getting to Spain (volcanic ash and A/L strikes). Delays meant arriving much later than scheduled and were totally exhausted when we finally arrived. We used the HoHo bus rather than waste time sleeping away our first day in Europe. Picking either bus company is fine - both have similar routes and many stops the hop on/off points were very close to each other. They give a great overview of the city - that first day we stayed on the bus the whole time, switched routes and it was great being able to do something seeing we were totally beat.

Archived