An Interesting photo from the Crown Princess

RickEk

We were docked in Barbados today along with P&O's Oceana (ex-Ocean Princess) and the Discovery (the first Island Princess). I just found it interesting that we were alongside two ex-Princess ships.

5322727136_ced96cefee_b.jpg

Oceana and Discovery by RickEk, on Flickr

And a stitched together photo...

5322767488_967308a19a_b.jpg

Oceana and Discovery by RickEk, on Flickr

Wonderful photo, thanks! Ah, the old Island -- still my favourite Princess ship ever.

Hope you're having a fabulous time. How are the Chairman of the Boards (Chairmans of the Board? Chairmen of the Boards? . . . whatever!)?

Wonderful photo, thanks! Ah, the old Island -- still my favourite Princess ship ever.

Hope you're having a fabulous time. How are the Chairman of the Boards (Chairmans of the Board? Chairmen of the Boards? . . . whatever!)?

They are yummy! Sorta tough to get them in Adagio, but Crooners love to make 'em.

Sisters reunion! Great picture RickEk. Thanks for posting.

What did you do on your day in Barbados?

We went to The Boatyard and spent the morning swimming and playing. In the afternoon, it was shopping time.

They are yummy! Sorta tough to get them in Adagio, but Crooners love to make 'em.

We went to The Boatyard and spent the morning swimming and playing. In the afternoon, it was shopping time.

Perfect! We tried to buy a drink at the Boatyard, on our walk from the port round to the Hilton, but they wouldn't sell us one without buying sunbeds :(.

Great photo. We also got to see the Discovery in Costa Rica on our Christmas cruise on the Island. Beautiful and classic ship. Very neat to see the original Island Princess and the new Island together. :)

Thank you for posting the picture of the Discovery (ex-Island Princess). Our first Princess cruise was on her for an 8 day Alaska cruise RT Vancouver in 1981. In fact, it was our first cruise ever and it was so wonderful that it started our love of cruising. Your picture brought back very fond memories.

Thank you so much for posting these photos, as well as the New Year's Eve photo showing us what we missed (by missing the boat!!). We, too, loved Ocean Princess - perfect size and layout!! Still, would have been very happy to be on Crown again at this time. Hope everything is lovely. When you have time, we would be so pleased to hear more about the port visits and what you've enjoyed the most.

Thank you all for the accolades. It's always nice to be in the right place at the right time. The cruise director was saying this morning that the Discovery cannot call in the United States anymore because she is not up to "code" on her fire suppression gear.

Thank you so much for posting these photos, as well as the New Year's Eve photo showing us what we missed (by missing the boat!!). We, too, loved Ocean Princess - perfect size and layout!! Still, would have been very happy to be on Crown again at this time. Hope everything is lovely. When you have time, we would be so pleased to hear more about the port visits and what you've enjoyed the most.

Yes, I've been on her sisters (Dawn Princess and Sea Princess) and loved them too. I'll try to post a review when we get back. We're currently on the way to Princess Cays and then home...sigh. Sorry you missed the cruise... :(

Nice picture....GREAT STITCHING JOB!!!!!I could never quite get mine right. I sailed from San Juan P.R thru the canal to Los Angeles on an old "Love Boat" size Princess ship back in the 1980's. It wasn't the Pacific Princess. I'm not sure anymore whether it was the Sea or the Island.

Thanks for the memories!

Rick for Rick&Jenny:):)

Nice picture....GREAT STITCHING JOB!!!!!I could never quite get mine right. I sailed from San Juan P.R thru the canal to Los Angeles on an old "Love Boat" size Princess ship back in the 1980's. It wasn't the Pacific Princess. I'm not sure anymore whether it was the Sea or the Island.

Thanks for the memories!

Rick for Rick&Jenny:):)

Thanks... my Olympus point and shoot camera has a panoramic function that was very easy to use. That was my first try with it. I thought it came out well.

Archived