Really Dumb Tipping Question!

I did a search on this, but while I got a lot of information, nothing practical. I'm taking my DH to Chops and have already pre-paid it (AND printed out that it was paid....every group has one of us....:D). I've heard the service is usually quite good and will, of course tip. Here's the thing - I'd really prefer to tip in cash if that's possible, rather than on my card. Is that OK to do - just leave the tip on the table? Thanks!

Just going to hijack your thread for another tipping question - We're off on Liberty in May round the Med. Just wondered what the correct denomination would be for giving additional cash tips - US dollars, or Euros?

You should not receive a tab. Just show them your prepaid reservation.

We've always received a bill; this is the customer's opportunity to tip (more) if they desire to do so. Even prepaid reservations can receive a bill. If nothing else is purchased, the bill will read $0.00, but trust me, the space for the tip is always open. ;)

Just going to hijack your thread for another tipping question - We're off on Liberty in May round the Med. Just wondered what the correct denomination would be for giving additional cash tips - US dollars, or Euros?

Euros are fine if the ship frequents EU countries. Otherwise, stick with USD. Both are accepted widely.

Not a dumb question.

Hand cash to each one of your servers. Easily done by palming cash for handshake.

You should not receive a tab. Just show them your prepaid reservation.

No need to palm a thing.

Leave the cash in the bill folder.

i did a search on this, but while i got a lot of information, nothing practical. I'm taking my dh to chops and have already pre-paid it (and printed out that it was paid....every group has one of us....:d). I've heard the service is usually quite good and will, of course tip. Here's the thing - i'd really prefer to tip in cash if that's possible, rather than on my card. Is that ok to do - just leave the tip on the table? Thanks!

yes it is

Be careful about the sneakly bottle water charge.

We pre-paid for our meal at Chops with Wine Pairings. Was offered the choice of Evian or San Pellagrino at the start of the meal and I nodded without thinking a was charged for a bottle of water at the end of the meal. Everything else (wine, coffee, tea) was included. I am used to getting free bottled water at very high end restaurant (well the food is so expensive already) and did not know where Chops was pitching themselves. I do not begrudge paying for the water but it would have been nice to know that I could have a choice of free tap water as well. We always just had tap water at the MDR.

I do not recall being offered the bottled water option at the Mystery Dinner night at Portofinos. By the way, we were told to sign the $0 bill at the end of the meal at Portofinos for their records. There were some very confused looking faces at the dinner table when they received their $0 bill.

Archived