Cagney's for lunch or bkfst - fee or free?

nhquilter1

RichNY - thanks, that's a great idea. I think we will mention it at check in just so we know if it's even worth trying or not. My husband did call NCL and ask last night - he was told it shouldn't be a problem at all. I guess we'll see what happens...

RichNY - thanks, that's a great idea. I think we will mention it at check in just so we know if it's even worth trying or not. My husband did call NCL and ask last night - he was told it shouldn't be a problem at all. I guess we'll see what happens...

I'm glad I could help...dont forget since you are in suite all your requests should go through the concierge. If the concierge might have to check with the HD, thats between them...the concierge is your go-to person.

I'm not sure I get what the problem is- book a suite and an inside, bring the whole family to cagney's...

Why not just book your flights first class and the kids in the back and have them come sit in the isles of the first class section...

Buy really nice tix to the theater and crap ones for your kids, then have them come sit on your lap for the show...

Shouldn't you just get the perks you pay for?

I'm not sure I get what the problem is- book a suite and an inside, bring the whole family to cagney's...

Why not just book your flights first class and the kids in the back and have them come sit in the isles of the first class section...

Buy really nice tix to the theater and crap ones for your kids, then have them come sit on your lap for the show...

Shouldn't you just get the perks you pay for?

Let's not forget people who want to spread out and who can't get nearby suites, they also get a free pass, along with OP and children--this post is further back in this thread:

Any answer on that?

We also booked 4 suites and 2 insides - with 12 travelling. Again, it would have been cheaper to double up in the suites, but we prefer to spread out the space (and two more suites weren't available close by)

Any answer on Cagney's issue?

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from my cruise on the Spirit - in one Penthouse and an adjoining balcony room. Myself and two children booked in the PH, my husband and another child booked in the balcony. At check-in we were asked by our concierge what our balcony room number was and she added it to the list for Cagney's. We didn't ask her to do this, she asked us before we even had a chance. My husband and 3rd child enjoyed all the suite benefits that the rest of us did, no problems! Just a caution though - she did mention that because we were a family she was doing that for us, which gave me the impression that they won't do it for non-families (which makes perfect sense to me). And they DO check your room number at the door of Cagney's before they seat you. After the first couple visits they all know you anyway, so they didn't even ask our room number anymore.

My understanding is NO, but maybe others will be able to give you a better answer. We had VIP status last time and never tried to do this. I would love to know the answer as well.

Nita

On the Jewel a few weeks ago we met a nice couple who we thought might enjoy lunch at Cagneys. (they were on their honeymoon)

We asked at the sign in desk first if we could ask the couple and they immediately said no.

Later that day we bumped into Adrian (our Concierge) and he said it could be possible on a port day as most passengers are ashore. He said to just call him and he would meet us at Cagneys.

At that time in the afternoon no one else was even in Cagneys and Adrian walked us all in for lunch. Our new friends were so impressed and said that on their next cruise that will absolutely choose a suite for this perk. When Adrian said and then showed the husband the breakfast menu that was also included, he just about fell out of his chair!

So, it is possible but depends on the day and the time. We luckily chose a slow time.

I would say to be sure to tell your concierge that you are just asking, not demanding and be flexible with the day & time. Also don't be upset if he can't possibly accommodate you as he mentioned that we could order the Cagneys breakfast or lunch for 4 to be served in our suite. Truly, they try to do all they can for you.

Since we've been back and have been in touch with our new friends, they have booked the Gem for next year in a suite.

How would one get "VIP status?" If is is not Latitude level, what other circumstances would designate a passenger as a VIP? And would that person know they were a VIP / is is put into the computer so that when you card is swiped it comes up VIP? Just curious....

On the Jewel a few weeks ago we met a nice couple who we thought might enjoy lunch at Cagneys. (they were on their honeymoon)

We asked at the sign in desk first if we could ask the couple and they immediately said no.

Later that day we bumped into Adrian (our Concierge) and he said it could be possible on a port day as most passengers are ashore. He said to just call him and he would meet us at Cagneys.

At that time in the afternoon no one else was even in Cagneys and Adrian walked us all in for lunch. Our new friends were so impressed and said that on their next cruise that will absolutely choose a suite for this perk. When Adrian said and then showed the husband the breakfast menu that was also included, he just about fell out of his chair!

So, it is possible but depends on the day and the time. We luckily chose a slow time.

I would say to be sure to tell your concierge that you are just asking, not demanding and be flexible with the day & time. Also don't be upset if he can't possibly accommodate you as he mentioned that we could order the Cagneys breakfast or lunch for 4 to be served in our suite. Truly, they try to do all they can for you.

Since we've been back and have been in touch with our new friends, they have booked the Gem for next year in a suite.

This is a very good post! Thank you!

Yes, I firmly beleve that it very much depends upon the time, the location, and "normal" usage.

The Concierge's job is to keep his/her suite guests happy.

When we sailed on the POA, there were very few guests in Lazy J (POA's name for Cagney's), but that was very probably due to the fact that Hawaii is a very port intensive cruise, and I would guess that many of the suite guests simply left the ship for the day, and did not eat aboard. However on some of our cruises (most specifically the MR) Cagney's was "somewhat" crowded most everyday, especially the first 2 and the last 2 days. Had we been turned away for breakfast because of the fact that the Concierge allowed everyone to enter, it would have been cause for us to question why pay for the perks, when they are simply being handed out?

As many here have stated, it never hurts to ask, but be understanding if the answer is no.

How would one get "VIP status?" If is is not Latitude level, what other circumstances would designate a passenger as a VIP? And would that person know they were a VIP / is is put into the computer so that when you card is swiped it comes up VIP? Just curious....

There are many different ways to become "VIP". It is all up to the Hotel Director who is put on this list.

It does not show up on the computer when you swipe your card. But, when you show up at the pier for registration your key cards will have been pulled by the concierge and you will be directed to the VIP lounge to await embarkation. That is when the good time really begins.

PE

I just returned from my cruise on the Spirit - in one Penthouse and an adjoining balcony room. Myself and two children booked in the PH, my husband and another child booked in the balcony. At check-in we were asked by our concierge what our balcony room number was and she added it to the list for Cagney's. We didn't ask her to do this, she asked us before we even had a chance. My husband and 3rd child enjoyed all the suite benefits that the rest of us did, no problems! Just a caution though - she did mention that because we were a family she was doing that for us, which gave me the impression that they won't do it for non-families (which makes perfect sense to me). And they DO check your room number at the door of Cagney's before they seat you. After the first couple visits they all know you anyway, so they didn't even ask our room number anymore.

Brockwell, thank you for this information. Clearly my literal rule interpretation is too rigid. This will help me save $$ on any future cruises if I choose to travel with family members.

Archived