NCL - Carryon

tkportersat

Since I will probably need a suitcase for my 10 1/2 month old for all his goodies and will want to carry it on (don't want to take a chance of losing things I can't replace...formula, diapers, etc.) Is there a size limit of suitcase that NCL will limit me to? :confused:

Maybe I will need to call....I just was going to pack all the babies stuff in a big suitcase (he will need baby food, formula, medicines, and about 50 diapers). I don't want to check this bag as these are things I cannot replace for him on board should his bag get lost.

I'd go ahead and call the cruise line, but it is correct that carryons must be able to fit through the scanners at check in. Maybe you could get them to make an exception, but it's probably better to just use a couple of smaller bags instead of one big one that they probably will make you check. Even if the phone reps say, "Oh sure, you can bring a big suitcase as carryon," it won't matter when you're at the port and port or ship security say, "No way, it must fit through the scanner or you must check it."

beachchick

Thanks :) I guess I will bring a carry on type with as much as I can fit and put the rest in another bag for someone else to carry. I will figure something out. I am going to have to learn to pack light for myself with all the babies stuff we are going to have to bring - ha. I probably should start practicing now, this could get interesting. :eek:

I'd go ahead and call the cruise line, but it is correct that carryons must be able to fit through the scanners at check in. Maybe you could get them to make an exception, but it's probably better to just use a couple of smaller bags instead of one big one that they probably will make you check. Even if the phone reps say, "Oh sure, you can bring a big suitcase as carryon," it won't matter when you're at the port and port or ship security say, "No way, it must fit through the scanner or you must check it."

beachchick

Archived