Camp Carnival

Cookie2boys

I wouldn't count on it, I have heard a very few times that they will make an exception, sometimes that different age groups do things together, but for the most part they won't let him. I think it would be nice if Carnival would overlap the ages so kids could have more of a choise or be with siblings, cousins or friends.

When we were on the Miracle in November they allowed my brother who is 14 (15 in 2 more weeks) join our other brother in the 15-17 group. However, there were only 29 kids in that age range, so that probably played a factor. I'm not sure how many were in his age range though - there weren't many kids at all.

My DS turns 9 on day 2 of our cruise. I am hoping they will bump him up since his buddy who we are traveling with is 11.

Melissa: You are sailing during a high peak sailing time. There will be tons of kids onboard.

They may make an exception since it is only 2 days after sailing date but dont count on it just in case so there is no disappointments. (that age group can sign themselves in and out with your permission)

From Carnival website FAQ:

"A child cannot be moved to another age group as it is a strict policy set by Carnival and cannot be deviated from, regardless of the situation, such as moving into a camp of different age range so the child can be with a family member. There are many times that the different age groups are together so that those families with children in separate groups can be accommodated. Children who have birthdays within the cruise are the only ones permitted to be moved up to the next age group"

So looks like you will be fine.

Archived