Voyager of the Seas for a first cruise

JK41

:confused: My family is taking our first cruise in December. The RCI Western Caribbean 7 nighter on the Voyager of the Seas caught my eye. Is this a good ship to get our feet wet(as it were)? It departs from New Orleans. I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. Good, Bad, or other

The Voyager is being moved to New Orleans from Galveston, TX this year, after completing its European schedule, re-establishing RCI's presence there following Hurricane Katrina ... 6 years later. It's a wonderful vessel (we're sailing on it next week), the first of Royal Caribbean's mega-ships, launched in 1999. Recent reviews indicate that it's in excellent condition. I'm certain you'll enjoy your experience.

No, you must first sail on the smaller ships in order to earn the creds to sail on the VOS --- just kidding.

It's a great ship. We just finished the west-bound TA on the VOS from Barcelona to Galveston. We have also sailed on her sister ship, the Mariner of the Seas and will again do a B2B on the MOS his fall.

The ship is big but you never feel crowded, even in the grand promenade.

Enjoy!

:confused: My family is taking our first cruise in December. The RCI Western Caribbean 7 nighter on the Voyager of the Seas caught my eye. Is this a good ship to get our feet wet(as it were)? It departs from New Orleans. I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. Good, Bad, or other

My 1st cruise was on Voyager. Answer is yes, good introduction to cruising.

OK, I'll be the downer here. We just got back from a cruise on VOS and I felt she was showing her age. She seemed a little shabby around the edges. The crew was wonderful as always, however.

I like the food better on Carnival and Princess. RC's food seems a bit institutionalized. We are Diamond on RC, but I will think twice before doing another cruise with them, perks notwithstanding.

Archived