Thanks for the tip

MBprincess

I thought I knew most everything about cruising NCL but I was wrong. I cruised a couple of weeks ago and wanted to thank you all for the tip about "souvenir glasses". Some one clued us in to order everything in regular glasses from the bar and that saved us $2.50ish a drink. Thanks!!

I loved the glasses and thought it was a very cheap souviner! I came home with a set of 4 of each! :-) Love them! However, I'm getting ready to embark on my next NCL cruise and likely (notice I say likely) won't purchase them this time...but then again...I may cause they are so darn cute!

Just another tip I think is worth mentioning as far as drinks, if you are not one that has to have a specific drink, they almost always have drink specials every day which usually will save you some $$$. I really have only noticed the drink specials on Caribbean cruises, but they might have them on any.

Well do get the first "welcome aboard" drink ( not free )

Then look around if you like something order it.

Let's say you have "only" 6 drinks per day at 2.5$ less each it comes to 15$ less if you don't order the souvenir glass.

I loved the "blinky" one with the "blinky ice cubes" and I WILL getthe fishbowl on my next cruise to Bermuda.

Have a good one !

I thought I knew most everything about cruising NCL but I was wrong. I cruised a couple of weeks ago and wanted to thank you all for the tip about "souvenir glasses". Some one clued us in to order everything in regular glasses from the bar and that saved us $2.50ish a drink. Thanks!!

And if it makes no difference to you, ask for your drinks from the "house" spirits instead of the premium. That saves a buck or so.

Just another tip I think is worth mentioning as far as drinks, if you are not one that has to have a specific drink, they almost always have drink specials every day which usually will save you some $$$. I really have only noticed the drink specials on Caribbean cruises, but they might have them on any.

I would mention that if you get the 2 for 1 drink special and it comes in the souvenier glass that you will still pay for the 2nd glass, so if 2 drinks cost $20 you'll actually pay $12.50.

Archived