The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

I think there are a lot of us with tiers hanging at the edge. Mine is razor sharp.

I am boarding on Friday the 14th on the cruise that was to make me Diamond on completion, as I am currently at 9 points. Just 3 days before I board, and I still don't have any idea what will happen. :eek:

Well, just because an announcement will be made tomorrow doesn't mean changes take effect tomorrow. It could be something like June 1 like what happened in 2009.

Well, just because an announcement will be made tomorrow doesn't mean changes take effect tomorrow. It could be something like June 1 like what happened in 2009.

It would make perfect sense from a business perspective. Think of the people rushing to book cruises before June 1 so that they make that next level. Certainly would make RCI more $$ than the people will earn off the "benefits" of said level increase. And they avoid the bad PR of people saying they were blindsided by the changes right before they were going to achieve the next level.

If so (that the changes are not effective for months), then it's odd that there is apparently already new signage printed.

See:

Originally Posted by Merion_Mom viewpost.gif

Pinnacle_club.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion_Mom

I don't think it's necessary to print out history's. I bet RCI does a tape backup, probably every day because servers do crash and info does get corrupted. It's pretty standard practice to maintain records on tape in case of loss of servers.

Hmmmm... :rolleyes: And here I am doing my darndest to put in a backup system that's tapeless. Remote server replication with block level snapshots and deduplication over secure VPN connection for a couple terabytes of data. But even the perfect backup system will only backup bad data if the data is bad to begin with. GIGO.

Based on coments in this thread it brought to mind a thread awhile back about the fastest, cheapest, way to get to Platinum. Consensus was B2B2B 3 & 4 night in JS. That would (under speculated plan) equate to less "days" than three 7nt in an inside - which would probably be cheaper.

Our one prior RCI cruise got us 2 credits by being 12nt. Under speculated plan it would only be 85% as valuable but still way less than the 4 credits of someone doing four 3nt cruises. For people who live far from a port and have to figure in airfare as a major expense longer cruises make more sense so the speculated change will not really matter much. The people really pinched would probably be retirees in Florida that drive to port to take advantage of last minute deals on short cruises.

i am signed up for the agents webinar for the morning. it was called "it just keeps getting better".

i just got an e-mail, they changed the name to "royal advantage". royal advantage is the changes to a few ships in 2011 that everybody already knows about.

:confused::confused:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I wonder if any of the changes will affect members at the same address receiving the same status of the highest C&A member. I think that's one of the main things that should be changed. Spouses, maybe, but everyone in the household? I think credit should be only for cruises taken by the specific C&A member. Period.

ckrobyn-your new avatar!!! I have now put a face on the person who helped me so much with my AOS cruise!!! :)

Thanks Deb :) I thought I would change it up for a while......but most people know ckrobyn as the Shrek cat!!! :D

i am signed up for the agents webinar for the morning. it was called "it just keeps getting better".

i just got an e-mail, they changed the name to "royal advantage". royal advantage is the changes to a few ships in 2011 that everybody already knows about.

Maybe they're expanding on that term. Or maybe the webinar is not what we think. The timing of it may have us believing it's something else. :confused: They sure aren't elaborating on what it is about.

Gina

Maybe they are renaming the C&A Program to the Royal Advantage Program.

i was just talking to the D+ desk for a problem with a client, and i casually asked about tomorrows announcement, and she said she just got an e-mail that the announcement has been postponed.

What say!!:eek: What will we all do tomorrow at noon and thereon after!

i was just talking to the D+ desk for a problem with a client, and i casually asked about tomorrows announcement, and she said she just got an e-mail that the announcement has been postponed.

Oh pants:(...now I will need to get more chocolate...haven't got enough to see me through another day of waiting :eek::D....please let it be only a day postponed.

Sigh...is it time yet :confused::D

It's probably all CC's fault. They were all ready to make the announcement, then someone checked in here and read all the questions raised.

Can't you just see all the suits sitting around the table, "Oh my, we never thought about that", "Oh, there's another one we never considered", "wow, yeah, that could really upset a lot of members"? :eek:

Followed by, "I think we better postpone this announcement til we think this through a bit more!" :D:D:D

It's probably all CC's fault. They were all ready to make the announcement, then someone checked in here and read all the questions raised.

Can't you just see all the suits sitting around the table, "Oh my, we never thought about that", "Oh, there's another one we never considered", "wow, yeah, that could really upset a lot of members"? :eek:

Followed by, "I think we better postpone this announcement til we think this through a bit more!" :D:D:D

I remember commenting on the May 17th booking announcement. They announced the changes. Then on the website they had a drop down menu for FAQs. There wasn't time for any questions to be asked, let alone frequently.:eek:

And then when people started reading the announcement, the listed FAQs were not the ones being asked.

Maybe IT already called in sick for tomorrow.:D

I remember commenting on the May 17th booking announcement. They announced the changes. Then on the website they had a drop down menu for FAQs. There wasn't time for any questions to be asked, let alone frequently.:eek:

And then when people started reading the announcement, the listed FAQs were not the ones being asked.

Maybe IT already called in sick for tomorrow.:D

Now, that is funny!!:D:D

I wonder if Royal is delaying the announcement (if there is one) because they are watching the Southwest backlash unfold right now and they're rethinking things?

Is Southwest getting backlash? I am one of the lucky - or unlucky- ones impacted by their changes....it remains to be seen which category I fall into.

Since I always get the flights I pay for, I consider their rewards program a nice little extra, but certainly not an entitlement. Things are changing everywhere in this regard (like Continental no longer partnering with American Express, just as we are almost ready to cash in points for a trip to Europe), so I just look at it as something else to grow accustomed to. If I get a free flight now and then, it's still a nice perk.

Archived