Single Supplement of 140 percent possible?

ColumbiaSC

I am interested in the 2012 World Voyage of the ms Amsterdam from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale for 112 days starting early January 2012. Never sailed HAL but frequently on Cunard. Solo traveller. Don't want to stir up the Travel Agent yet. Does anyone have experience of getting Single Supplement on HAL down to 140 percent on such a long trip? Don't mind Inside.

I am interested in the 2012 World Voyage of the ms Amsterdam from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale for 112 days starting early January 2012. Never sailed HAL but frequently on Cunard. Solo traveller. Don't want to stir up the Travel Agent yet. Does anyone have experience of getting Single Supplement on HAL down to 140 percent on such a long trip? Don't mind Inside.

Hi, there is another gal who took a world cruise on HAL last year.

If you do a search on this board you will probably be able to find her

thread. Maybe she can help you with some details.

Hi again,:) I found the link to Karen's Cruise.......take a look at it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=963230&highlight=kween+karen

She went for 67 days so yours is longer but I know Karen had a wonderful time:)

The long ones usually go for 140% solo rate. Spend some time looking at online discount agencies.That big one with great website almost always shows 40% addon for 30 days or longer. I once saw a world cruise with an 18% addon. Only once, maybe 3 yrs. ago. I would try a shortie on HAL before commiting. I could not stand the food.

Just my thoughts...

I was on the Amsterdam Christmas time (right before the WC) last year through the PC. This year I did 12 nights over Christmas on the Rotterdam. I usually choose cruises for itinerary and HAL usually has an itinerary/timing that works for me.

That said I would not want to be on these ships at sea for days on end. I know, as a solo, I'd need more activity both during the day and at night. I'd suggest you do a 'try HAL' cruise for a week or so before you commit to a WC.

Faith

Archived