Next Cruise Certificate Question

I know I can find the info on RCI.com, however I haven't been able to get on their site in the past 24 hours so I was hoping someone on cc can help me.

My parents are going on their first cruise with us in May. They think they will like it so much that they will want to go on another. I tried to explain the Next Cruise Certificate Program to them, but having only cruised once myself, I realized I really can't answer any of their questions.

I know that the certificates are for C&A members (I think??) and since this will be their first cruise and they aren't C&A members until after the cruise, can they still buy a certificate onboard at the end of this cruise? I read here on cc that they will enroll you on the spot, but I wanted to double check on that.

Also, do you buy a certain dollar figure of certificates per person and apply a certain amount to the future cruise you choose or is it equal to the deposit amount ($250pp)? Is it a set amount everyone pays or does it depend on other things?

Do they give you OBC with the certificate or is that some other thing I am thinking of with booking one specific cruise while on a cruise.

As you can tell I am somewhat confused :confused:, so I really appreciate the help!

Thank you!

The FCC is good for OBC .. the downside is it cannot be combined with most other OBCs, like if they booked the wow sale or they own 100 shares of stock etc.

It is good for OBC if they do not have any other form of OBC they expect to get from RCL.

If they book onboard or if they buy it to bring home, I think its treated differently toward the deposit .. but yes they can purchase one.

I know I can find the info on RCI.com, however I haven't been able to get on their site in the past 24 hours so I was hoping someone on cc can help me.

My parents are going on their first cruise with us in May. They think they will like it so much that they will want to go on another. I tried to explain the Next Cruise Certificate Program to them, but having only cruised once myself, I realized I really can't answer any of their questions.

I know that the certificates are for C&A members (I think??) and since this will be their first cruise and they aren't C&A members until after the cruise, can they still buy a certificate onboard at the end of this cruise? I read here on cc that they will enroll you on the spot, but I wanted to double check on that.

Also, do you buy a certain dollar figure of certificates per person and apply a certain amount to the future cruise you choose or is it equal to the deposit amount ($250pp)? Is it a set amount everyone pays or does it depend on other things?

Do they give you OBC with the certificate or is that some other thing I am thinking of with booking one specific cruise while on a cruise.

As you can tell I am somewhat confused :confused:, so I really appreciate the help!

Thank you!

Oh yeah! They can sign up as Crown & Anchor members on the cruise. Royal Caribbean would not want to lose the sale. ;) They should schedule an appointment with the Future Cruise consultant as soon as they board. The appointments fill up quickly. There will be C&A membership forms in the area where the appointments are made. (Have them check their first day compass) They are actually called "Why Not Decide Later" certificates <dumb name>

At that meeting they can present their completed C&A membership form and request a Next Cruise certificate. The cost is $100 p/p. Others have mentioned only listing 1 person, but since I only sail with my husband...we go ahead and list both and pay the $200. That money is credited towards your deposit for whatever cruise they choose.

Others have reported that no additional money is required until final payment on the future cruise. I haven't checked that part out for myself, we only recently purchased one of the (after June 1, 2010) certificates for which the OBC (on the future cruise) can be combined with a coupon...if one becomes available. :)

Archived