Does anyone else get weepy??

mation101

I just posted to a thread about the Mariner leaving SP. We are taking friends to the Mariner, but are leaving before she sails because I will cry my eyes out knowing she wont be coming back.

But then thinking about it, I cry whenever I see or am on a ship leaving home port. I dont know why, even if Im not on the ship, just wathcing her leave makes me all weepy.

Does anyone else get emotional when the BIG horn blows and tthe ship makes her way to the big blue ocean?

Everyone's different. I get weepy during movies...most recently "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Up" for pete's sake... and they were both animated films. :rolleyes: :)

Cruise ships leaving port, no. As much as I love cruising, it would be like a hotel changing brands or being demolished. It's not something that triggers the weepy gene. :D

I just posted to a thread about the Mariner leaving SP. We are taking friends to the Mariner, but are leaving before she sails because I will cry my eyes out knowing she wont be coming back.

But then thinking about it, I cry whenever I see or am on a ship leaving home port. I dont know why, even if Im not on the ship, just wathcing her leave makes me all weepy.

Does anyone else get emotional when the BIG horn blows and tthe ship makes her way to the big blue ocean?

You won't be alone....I also posted to that thread and I'm saving my tears for next week. I got weepy when we got off the ship last month knowing it was the last time.

I can hear the ships BIG horn from my office and know I have about 5 minutes to get to Warehouse One to watch them sail out the channel.

I do hope a lot of people come down to say farewell - tears and all.

No, but the Voyage to Adventure song, and the Farewell song on the final night leave me a more than a little teary eyed.

Here you go SamFritz, cry your eyes out. ;)

I get the same way, I am no one to make fun of someone else.

I too get emotional when boarding, sail away, farewell show, and disembarkation.

Tim

I shocked myself and got totally weepy watching the Disney Wonder leave Cape Canaveral for the last time on it's way to LA... saw a youtube video where it passed the new Disney Dream that's taking its place.

I've never even been on the Wonder...

I'm such a sap!

Here you go SamFritz, cry your eyes out. ;)

I get the same way, I am no one to make fun of someone else.

I too get emotional when boarding, sail away, farewell show, and disembarkation.

Tim

I am glad I am not alone...............thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was just me........... Everything about a ship moves me............totally facinated since my childhood living in NJ and driving into NYC and seeing all the big Ocean Liners docked at the Hudson River Piers..................and then to have my experiences.................it just is very emotional.

I want to cry tears of joy when the ship starts to sail and we are watching land disappear behind us and tears of sadness when the ship arrives back in port.

I start feeling depressed on Saturday knowing it is the last full day onboard.

I have to hold back the tears as I disembark and head back to reality.

Once I am home and resettled I am ok.

Laura

Don't worry, we will keep her safe.

Come on over when ever you want to.

Now that Voyager is leaving us,

I am glad to have any ship here in Texas.

Sorry it is yours.

:rolleyes:

But before you guys have the Mariner it will be for 7 months in italian hands if they keep her safe..lol

Once when leaving Curacao with friends I was very weepy because so many people came out to wave goodbye to the ship. It was many years ago before so many ships were coming and going. Literally hundreds of people were standing on the pier and along the roads waving to the people on board. It was amazing!!!!

OHHH The Mariner!!!

She is a beautiful lady........

First voyager class ship for me....took her several times in Fl and then took my parents to LA to board her and had a fantastic trip. I think most of us fall in love with a particular ship...Mariner is mine.

Sniff Sniff

I've read this thread and the other one questioning why she was leaving California with great interest.

I'm scheduled to sail on the Mariner December 4th, out of Galveston. She will be my first RCL ship. I searched the board for info on her, and found hardly any. It's nice to see how many people love her, and reaffirms that I made the right decision to book a cruise on the Mariner, versus the new Carnival Magic.

Everyone's different. I get weepy during movies...most recently "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Up" for pete's sake... and they were both animated films. :rolleyes: :)

Cruise ships leaving port, no. As much as I love cruising, it would be like a hotel changing brands or being demolished. It's not something that triggers the weepy gene. :D

Rather than a cruise ship leaving port, my wife and I get weepy when we see "weight challenged" individuals wearing Speedo swimwear at cruise ship swimming pools.

Michael

PS Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I've read this thread and the other one questioning why she was leaving California with great interest.

I'm scheduled to sail on the Mariner December 4th, out of Galveston. She will be my first RCL ship. I searched the board for info on her, and found hardly any. It's nice to see how many people love her, and reaffirms that I made the right decision to book a cruise on the Mariner, versus the new Carnival Magic.

Youre in for a real treat!!! The Mariner has a fantastic vibe........Do not under any circumstances miss the ICE SHOW....its Great. OHH just read your post again.....OUCH DEcember 4, 2011??? Please dont wait so long.

Youre in for a real treat!!! The Mariner has a fantastic vibe........Do not under any circumstances miss the ICE SHOW....its Great. OHH just read your post again.....OUCH DEcember 4, 2011??? Please dont wait so long.

The MA wont get to Galveston till Nov so,they sorta have to wait........

I was on the last Sovereign cruise and it was indeed a very emotional cruise........ending with the crew,staff and even the Captain singing a farewell song.....

Here in FL, we have said goodbye to quite a few ships.:(:(

Archived