Does anyone else get weepy??

mation101

Youre in for a real treat!!! The Mariner has a fantastic vibe........Do not under any circumstances miss the ICE SHOW....its Great. OHH just read your post again.....OUCH DEcember 4, 2011??? Please dont wait so long.

Trust me, I'd love to go sooner, but we have no choice. I think we'll be on her third or fourth sailing, after she arrives in Galveston.

We snagged an incredible price on a GS, so we're super-excited.

Thanks for the tip about the ice show! I'll make sure to catch it. :)

The MA wont get to Galveston till Nov so,they sorta have to wait........

I was on the last Sovereign cruise and it was indeed a very emotional cruise........ending with the crew,staff and even the Captain singing a farewell song.....

Here in FL, we have said goodbye to quite a few ships.:(:(

YEah I forgot about the SOV she was great too. Espcially after she was refurbished(in 05 or 06??) The Monarch just doesnt match her style and class

I only cried at the end of Marley and Me...cried like a little girl. Thats becuase I have three Labs and one looks just like Marley. Well, there was this one time when the Windjammer was out of Honey Stung Chicken and Fruit Tarts..on the same day. ;)

Here you go SamFritz, cry your eyes out. ;)

I get the same way, I am no one to make fun of someone else.

I too get emotional when boarding, sail away, farewell show, and disembarkation.

Tim

Thanks for the youtube link. I had Drew Devine as my CD on one of my RCCL cruise, but I can't remember which one -- Might have been the 2006 Rhapsody OTS from Galveston. He plays a mean set of drums. I wonder if Drew is coming to Galveston next year with the Mariner OTS.

I'm sorry you have to give up the Mariner. I know how it feels. Galveston used to have two full-time RCCL ships (Rhapsody & Spendour OTS), plus the Grand Princess and Celebrity (Century I think, but can't remember for sure), plus NCL Norwegian Sea from Houston. Now it is just one RCCL part time. We still have the two Carnival ships, and in fact got the Conquest because of Hurricane Katrina. Still I wish RCCL had at least one fulltime ship from Galveston.

We'll keep good care of the Mariner OTS for you.

The MA wont get to Galveston till Nov so,they sorta have to wait........

I was on the last Sovereign cruise and it was indeed a very emotional cruise........ending with the crew,staff and even the Captain singing a farewell song.....

Here in FL, we have said goodbye to quite a few ships.:(:(

Oh.....that farewell song! Was there a dry eye anywhere??!!

We love Drew Devine and had him a few times as our cruise director on the Mariner - but he chose to go on the Monarch - likes the smaller ship - we adopted him on paper only - but he got a kick out..The last trip we took on the Monarch the show opened with him on the drums - - I was amazed to see him pounding away on the drums, while taking off his jacket at the same time.

He's doing very well on the Monarch and has a wonderful fiance now and they plan to marry soon

We would love the Mariner back - we were on her 6 times in a row when she left for the west coast - We do love the Liberty and the Independence and have a cruise booked on the Freedom in March:)

We love Drew Devine and had him a few times as our cruise director on the Mariner - but he chose to go on the Monarch - likes the smaller ship - we adopted him on paper only - but he got a kick out.

Thats funny.seems he has more than one adopted mom........;)(not me,another friend of mine)

Here you go SamFritz, cry your eyes out. ;)

I get the same way, I am no one to make fun of someone else.

I too get emotional when boarding, sail away, farewell show, and disembarkation.

Tim

Fantastic! I got all choked up just laughing, singing, and maybe even a little crying while I watched. Thanks. :)

Archived