Changing form of payment after booking?

tigerxj

My wife and I booked our honeymoon cruise last night. This morning, she sees an email from her credit card offering triple miles for cruise booking, free upgrades, OBC, etc. I'm a past guest so we got some of the free upgrades already.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change our form of payment after we have already booked? We paid with my debit card and would like to use her cc instead to take advantage of those perks. Thanks in advance for any help!

TigerXJ

My wife and I booked our honeymoon cruise last night. This morning, she sees an email from her credit card offering triple miles for cruise booking, free upgrades, OBC, etc. I'm a past guest so we got some of the free upgrades already.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change our form of payment after we have already booked? We paid with my debit card and would like to use her cc instead to take advantage of those perks. Thanks in advance for any help!

TigerXJ

That shouldn't be an issue. Call your travel agent (or whoever you talked to, to book) and switch the card. I've done it a couple of times in the past without any issue. They don't care..they just want their $$!

TigerXJ

Call wherever you booked...Carnival, travel agent, etc...explain the situation and ask for their help.

Only your deposit is currently charged to your debit card unless you are close to sailing date.

It may be easiest to cancel the booking and rebook with her CC.

NOTE: Does her CC require that you use a CC sponsored travel agent? If so, explore all of the charges, fees, etc that may be associated with this "deal" !!

A lot of these offers require the entire amount to be on the particular card. Since the deposit has already been made with a different card you might have to cancel and rebook if you can. I don't think that Carnival will credit your debit card and then charge the credit card for the deposit. I would check with the credit card first to see if their rules require putting the entire amount on their card.

Archived