June 29 2011 Sailing Itinerary CHANGE!

buburin

I received an email from PG cruises stating that we our itinerary has been changed to accommodate divers. We will not be spending one day at "Sea" which I am not happy with at all! I changed my original plans from 14 days cruise to 11 day so that we would not be spending precious time at sea!

They reversed the itinerary!:eek:

It seems that they have reversed the order of itinerary.

Day 1 Papeete,

Day 2 Huahine 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Day 2 BoraBora 9:45PM

Day 3 BoraBora

Day 4 BoraBora Depart 4:15PM

Day 5 Rangiroa Arrive 12:15PM Depart 5:30PM

Day 6 Fakarava Arrive 8:00AM Depart 5:30PM

Day 7 "AT SEA" :mad:

Day 8 Taha'a Arrive 8:00AM Depart 5:00PM

Day 9 Moorea Arrive 8:00AM

Day 10 Moorea Depart at 5:00PM

Day 10 Papeete Arrive 7:30PM

Day 11 DISEMBARK

I am not happy about this..... I do not understand why they would reverse the itinerary when the best diving is done in the Tuamotos (Rangiroa and Fakarava). Does not make sense to me. I called PG and they said they were sorry but no further explanation. I am an avid diver but I do not understand why we should spend a day at sea! I am calling the person that I dealt with tomorrow for a further explanation. :confused:

Buburin,

I too am very unhappy with the new itinerary. I had wanted the 2.5 days in Bora Bora and the full day in Rangiroa. I have booked a full day excursion to the pink sands which I cannot go to now. They have given us a full day in Fakarava where the only non diving excursion is Le Truck so they should at least offer an excursion to the pink sands or to some nice beach for snorkellers and swimmers.

In addition we leave Bora Bora at 4.15 instead of the usual six.

The only improvement is the full day in Huahine.

Apparently JMC is on board at this time and he made the changes yesterday for the May and June cruises on which he is on.

I know itineraries change but I am not a happy camper. Especially we have made all our holiday plans for this and next year keeping this trip in mind.

Miriam

:confused:Tell me about it Emdee! I am so upset about this. I am an avid scuba diver but I do not like to spend my time on a ship no matter how lovely it may be - instead of exploring and enjoying our surroundings at such beautiful islands. This is not what we paid for at the time of booking.

Emdee I truly do not want to cancel as I have been so excited about my trip. Will just have to deal with it! I just do not like the way they change things which interfere with how you are booking your independent tours at the islands.

I plan on going on a snorkel trip with Lila (my travel partner) in Bora Bora with Reef Discovery. I will get in touch with him and advise that they reversed the itinerary. Hopefully the tour can be rescheduled.

Well I truly hope to meet you onboard!;)

I am sure you will be able to reschedule so far in advance.

I had similarly booked an all day tour in Rangiroa including snorkelling, shark feeding , watching the dolphins and now will have to cancel with the half day only in Rangiroa.

If you are a snorkeller the aquarium tour is fabulous. I did the glass bottomed boat and it was good.

My first post on this site!!!! Husband and I are booked on June 29 Paul Gaugain and just found out about the itinerary change on this site!!! Hubby is an avid diver and plans to dive in every port possible....are most people booking their dive excursions with the ship? Also, is anyone interested in doing a tour with Patrick in Bora Bora? I e mailed him and it waaaayyyyy too expensive for just two people!!!!!

Buburin,

I too am very unhappy with the new itinerary. I had wanted the 2.5 days in Bora Bora and the full day in Rangiroa. I have booked a full day excursion to the pink sands which I cannot go to now. They have given us a full day in Fakarava where the only non diving excursion is Le Truck so they should at least offer an excursion to the pink sands or to some nice beach for snorkellers and swimmers.

In addition we leave Bora Bora at 4.15 instead of the usual six.

The only improvement is the full day in Huahine.

Apparently JMC is on board at this time and he made the changes yesterday for the May and June cruises on which he is on.

I know itineraries change but I am not a happy camper. Especially we have made all our holiday plans for this and next year keeping this trip in mind.

Miriam

Hi Emdee and Burburin: We are on the May 25 sailing which they have also changed the itinerary. We are very unhappy with it and our travle agne was never notified. I found out from your post on our roll call which is tiny by the way (8). I have written a letter to the CEO and the Captain, and I wonder if JMC knows how he has upset people's expectations by doing this. I think maybe if we all write and complain loudly we may get some response, but the agent I spoke with at PGC was totally rude. Some luxury line.

I would like to know if you have found a snorkel excursion on Fakarava that I could contact as an option. The White Sand Beach Resort which had great snorkeoing from the beach is now closed from what I hear and TopDive website is down.

Thanks. Who did you book with? Are you saying that maybe the little beach is a better alternative? Do you think there will be locals at the tender port that can take us to good snorkel spots? That would be good too. My letter to the captain will go out tomorrow!

Narnia, I responded already on another thread that you started last nite about the itinerary change & what to do in Fakarava. This is not a recommendation, since we haven't been to Fakarava yet. But I did a lot of research and contacted several local pension owners & dive shops to inquire about tours. The most promising response was from Havaiki Pension, who can arrange 1/2-day excursions to either Green Lagoon or Bird Island. Both places are in the north & closer to where the ship anchors. The more interesting Pink Sands are in the south but are too far away to do during our port call. Havaiki are very laid back and not keen on doing advance bookings till much closer to sail date. But at least they responded - I'm still waiting for some others. So this may be another option in addition to the cute little beach that Avidsnorkler found!

Just got word this week that the August 10th ten day sailing also has an itinerary change. We lose time in Bora Bora and pick up a sea day. My wife and I are not happy about this as we chose this cruise based on the extensive shore time in Bora Bora. Bummer, I'm going to call and write a letter but I'm not optimistic based on what I have heard here.

Narnia,

I dont think that there will be any locals there but Havaiki said to get back to them a month before or so and they would confirm a snorkel trip and Motu Picnic.

I am also in discussion with another operator Ato Lissant.

We are first time PG cruisers and our first cruise that included the alcohol. Is there a way to find out exactly what type of alcohol is included....we both like to drink Crown Royal and I also enjoy dirty martinis.....does that sound like something that is included? Help!:eek:

Islandgull 49,

Dirty Martinis should be no porblem - you used to get them with grey goose before as well.

I dont know about Crown Royal. I am pretty sure its included . I know you can get Chivas Regal and Black Label Scotch so this should be an equivalent. Aged scotch and Blue Label are extra.

If you have a special recipe take it and the bartenders will make it for you.

Wandering over the bar at 6 or 6.30 and having a drink is a habit you tend to develop rather easily on the PG.

Hi All:

I just wrote a letter to the Captain and CEO complaining of the change to the itinerary on 5/25 and 6/29 and I guess August now too. We would have done the 14 day, but for the sea days which we wanted to avoid. I had hoped to do two snorkeling excursions on Bora Bora with an afternoon for land or private motu and now am not sure what to do. I heard from PG that 5/25 is almost fully sold and therefore I think we have little persuasive powers. I also heard that diving is usually better in Rangiroa, but if you diving in Fakarava, it is better to go to the south pass where the pink sands are. There is also supposed to be great snorkeling down there. Why can't PG put together an excursion to the south pass for snorkelers? In spite of all my whining, I intend to have a most excellent adventure, no matter what!!!!

Affirmative that the August 10th 10 day cruise has had an itinerary change. I wrote a letter and sent it off to the CEO yesterday. I don't anticipate that it will change anything and we still plan to go. I'm not sure what I am more upset about the itinerary change, or the way this was communicated. A one sentence email that said it was done for the divers. I did suggest they add some shore tours or snorkel tours in Fakarava as there was not much to do there if you did not dive. I'd love a snorkel tour to the pink sand beach. I also suggested they read the comments on the internet, did not mention cc by name but when I was on the phone my PG agent new what I meant. I let them know the publicity they were getting for these changes was not good. We are all probably stuck with what has happened, There has to be a better answer than we can do this because of the small print in the contract. I know I now don't feel very positive about divers!

cmalagngl,

We will be on the June 29th trip so will let you know the outcome of our Fakarava excursion which I have arranged. Maybe Narnia will go before and let all know.

Fakarave looks lovely but there is not much of an infrastructure. I hope they make the effort to improve the tours there!

Archived