Transportation from De Gaulle to Hotel

Csora2547

Hi,

We will be arriving at the De Gaulle airport at 9:00 AM and need recommendations on how to get to our hotel in Paris. We will be going on a cruise and will have too much luggage to take public transportation. If you have used a transportation company before and found them reliable, I would really appreciate your recommendations.

Carolyn

PS I'm sure this information is someplace on the boards but I can't seem to find it so please forgive if I am asking a dumb question!

Did you check with your Hotel?

We're flying into CDG for the first time and when I mentioned it to our Hotel, they said they would send a shuttle for us for 20 Euros.

I jumped on it for the convenience factor.

Otherwise, there are train/subway combinations we would have had to navigate.

GOOD LUCK!

If your hotel doesn't offer a shuttle I'd get a taxi - go to the taxi rank and get a metered "taxi parisien" Avoid the touts. It will cost you between 40 -60 euros depending on the traffic and where your hotel is. Public transport wouldn't be my first choice with luggage and an arrival on the red-eye!

If your hotel doesn't offer a shuttle I'd get a taxi - go to the taxi rank and get a metered "taxi parisien" Avoid the touts. It will cost you between 40 -60 euros depending on the traffic and where your hotel is. Public transport wouldn't be my first choice with luggage and an arrival on the red-eye!

Agree strongly with this taxi suggestion, given the luggage, etc. With the public options, you've also got to get from their central drop-off point to your actual hotel. KEY TAXI TIP: Have your hotel name and address written out on paper you can show or give to your cab driver. That's much easier for both of you. What people can SEE, they can understand much better and quicker than trying to say/communicate those things verbally.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Would help if I watched out for typos. I tend to type as fast/faster than I talk. Works OK for verbal stuff, but written - let's just say my coordination isn't much better than when I was chosen last for every sport in grade school.

I would second this idea. Especially for the return to CDG. The one time I took a shuttle they went all around robin hood's barn and casued a lot of stress.

Isn't Robin Hood's barn in England? Is that your "way with words"? That would be a long shuttle ride. Riding across the English Channel and back would cause stress in getting to Paris. Right?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,180 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 1 month later...

Great ideas! Thank you so much! I will e-mail the hotel and see if they offer any deals and if they don't then I will go the taxi route. Will follow the taxi tip and have my hotel name and address printed out so there is no confusion! I love cruise critic members, you all have made my trips so much better with your helpful advice!

We are staying pre-cruise in Paris for four nights and while I don't like to pre-pay for anything, I have had very good experience with Viator. I booked them for transfers from CDG to our hotel and back to CDG. Check them out. www.viator.com BTW, we paid $100 US for our round trip transfers. We just wanted convenience since we aren't young'uns.

Flrose:

I have seen shuttle service similar to the one you reference, but they take up to 8 passengers. Do you think this service will be just for your reservation or will you have to wait on other people and travel from hotel to hotel dropping off other passengers? If it is just for your party, sounds like a great option!

B.Cole

Archived