Door decoration ideas?

wcurry66

The thread about the lost 4 year old got me thinking.. Even I've had moment coming back to my room where the long line of identical doors are confusing.

I figure its time to start decorating our door.

Anyone have ideas? pictures of your decorated doors?

The thread about the lost 4 year old got me thinking.. Even I've had moment coming back to my room where the long line of identical doors are confusing.

I figure its time to start decorating our door.

Anyone have ideas? pictures of your decorated doors?

While it is fun to decorate your cabin door,

please remember your cabin steward has to remove any tape residue

or glue you put on the door, and use materials that won't leave residues.

I've seen the stewards scrubbing away at gunk left on doors,

and they have enough to do without that added task.;)

I decorate our cabin door. I go to the party store and buy the cut out decorations. Since we go to Mexico so often it is colorful sarape's, maraca's and sombrero's.

For thanksgiving I found little pilgrams and turkeys and New Years was confetti, champagne glasses and clocks.

So much fun! I always take them down and make sure all of the tape is off the door. Must be considerate of the room steward.

Toni

At any office supply you can buy magnetic-backed sticky sheets. You can make cute clip art, banners, whatever, and then print them out on your regular printer. Stick them on the magnetic stuff, cut them, and voila! You can also find thinner magnet sheets that actually run right through the printer. Plus you'll have some memories to bring home for your refridgerator. lol

Found a link... Here's an example " http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/901403/Avery-Magnet-Sheets-8-12-x/

We are sailing over Valentine's Day! On our last Valentine's cruise I decorated our cabin door with a magnet on the *inside* of a clear plastic page protector. (the kind that goes inside a 3 ring binder) Since the magnet was inside the page protector I didn't have to worry about it scratching the door, and I just printed some door decorations to fit inside the page protector.

Then, since it was Valentine's Day, I brought scotch tape & taped Hershey's kisses to my cabin door. I loved it, and I think my cabin neighbors did too... they could walk by and take a candy when they wanted to.

(and yes, please be sure to take all the tape and other remnants with you when you leave.)

Of course I decorate the door...and the room...lol

On our last RCI cruise, the kids and I hand painted these. They are wooden cuts outs from Michael's Craft store. Then I stuck magnets on the back. They were really inexpensive to make.

054.jpg

Those are the cutest! I am totally stealing this idea. I haven't seen door decorations like this before. LOVE IT!!

On our family cruises, our DGDs make signs to put on our cabin doors. It's not only festive and generates some conversation in the hallway, but it makes it easy to find our cabins in a long hallway of look-alike doors. The girls are cheerleaders so they have decorated hotel doors on trips to cheer camps and such. Here's a sample from one of our previous cruises...

th_DSC02107.jpg th_DSC02105.jpg

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

You all have some great ideas. I will make sure that the door is clean when we leave, but I'm for sure going to put us something. It's not that the girls will ever be alone out there... they are 3 and 4, but I think that they will enjoy coming home to "a party on their door."

Nancy

Are all cabin doors okay to put magnets on? It's very popular to decorate your door on Disney cruise ships. We did this last time. However we are sailing with Carnival this time and need to know if the magnets will work and it's a normal thing to do on Carnival. lol

I have been wondering if the doors on RCL are magentic for this reason? Seems they are? If so...going to have husband photoshop some stuff for ours!

Of course we did our door up on the Disney Wonder too! ;)

However, we just cruised Carnival (Inspiration) last summer and the doors were NOT magnetic. Which was disappointing because it was a family cruise celebrating my father-in-law's 75th birthday and I wanted to decorate his door. I did, but used masking tape. The cabin steward even signed one of the paper balloons we put up. I don't know who took it down (probably Dad himself), but I made sure there was NO residue from the tape. There wasn't, but a little isopropyl alcohol woulda taken care of it if there was.

I love these ideas - and I think the magnet idea is great! This will be our second cruise and I never thought about doing this the first time so thought it would be fun! Anyone know if the doors on NCL spirit are magnetic?

Archived