Shower Question

nursewurmy

Be more specific.....how much larger?

To me an inch or two, one way or another makes no appreciable difference, but I will be on the Millennium in June, and I will get to see for myself. :)

What I have noticed from many different cruise lines and ships (Carnival, RCI, NCL, Princess) is that they are all SMALL. I have noticed that what does vary is the shape of the showers. Some are nearly round, some rectangle and some are shaped rather weird.

I judge the size of a shower by how difficult it is to shave my legs while showering. If I have to stick my leg out of the shower to rest on the toilet seat to shave, then it's small...unless I suddenly become much more flexible (unlikely!!) I imagine I will be shaving that way on ships until the day comes whens I don't really care about hair on my legs any longer. :D

I have found the showers on all classes of Celebrity ships to be adequate for bathing & shaving your legs. They are rectangle shaped but a little smaller than the one at home. Definitely much more user-friendly than RCI! The ones on Grandeur of the Seas was a corner unit too small for anyone but a child to use. Fighting with the shower curtain alone expended too much energy. I gave up & left the shower curtain open and mopped up the excess water with towels. Felt quite sorry for the cabin attendant.

The shower on the Celebrity Mercury seemed to be twice the size of that on the Golden Princess. My DH and I could have both fit in the shower. Easy to move around etc. We are in CC so found the shower heads nice. Cabin size on both ships were comparable.

I dont recall the showers that we had on two previous Carnival ships.

that Princess & Carnival were cramped unless in a tub shower in a mini suite or sute on Princess. "X" has showers that are tall enough that my DH doesn't have to fold to wash his hair, the shower is at his head. The curtain can still wrap around you if the bathroom door is open with a wind.

Yes, there is definitely a difference. The showers on the Celebrity Millennium class ships are much bigger than the showers on other ships.

Archived