Barcelona pre cruise group dinner

mari10

The past two years we have had a pre-cruise group dinners in Rome. Lots of fun and a great way to start our holiday.

This September we are sailing out of Barcelona. We are a group of about 12 and our date falls on a Sunday.

Having been to Barcelona once three years ago, I really don't know the city's neat dining spots. Reading trip advisor has been interesting, many conflicting reviews and many complaints about rude service.

Would appreciate suggestions .

Thanks,

Mari :)

I have never encountered rude service in a restaurant in Barcelona.It is a city with wonderful food! I must have been lucky! Do you have a price range in mind? Do you have an area of the city in mind? On Sunday there are many restaurants that are closed at night and are open only for Sunday lunch.

There are others that are closed completely! Does it have to be an evening meal?

I have enjoyed eating at Agua with a patio facing the beach.

There is also Set Portes where I have not eaten but it is an old Barcelona institution.

Both of these restaurant have web sites and are large enough for your group and are open on Sunday.

Riffatsea,

Thanks for your help.

Most of us are staying around Placa Catalunya .

We are looking for a moderately priced fun place.

Some in the group are arriving mid day Sunday, so lunch is not an option.

mari

i've never had rude service in Barcelona either. I second the Tapas idea. It's a lot of fun and great food variety.

I would add that breakfast in the Boqueria is a very unique and excellent experience as well.

Archived