My first Celebrity Cruise! Century 1/15/2011, Pictorial Review

DarthGrady

Hi Grady

Thank you so much for the awesome photos of the Century. We

are going on the Century in about 10 days & your photos are great. Never been on the Century so really looking forward to the smaller more intimate ship, as we used to love the Galaxy & Mercury.

How were you able to get so many great photos with so few people in them? Can't wait to sail the Century.

My usual M.O. is to get my photos in on the first day while everyone else is running to the buffet. We normally try to get to the pier around 11-ish, so the ship isn't fully loaded yet.

I was on this cruise too, just like the year before. It seemed like there were less activities to partake in, but that was ok. My goal was to relax, eat and drink merry, read my kindle, take photos and watch the Jets/Patriots game (which my team lost miserably... pitiful)

Century is a classy, well maintained ship. Drinks are good. Our waiter was awesome. Even though we could care less about Nassau (been there so many times) it was actually nice to get off the ship, walk around the main street, grab a drink at Senior Frogs.

Added bonus: I love cruising and I'm psyched for my Oasis cruise in December. This mini cruise gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the Oasis from the top deck of the Century! Also, I got more photos of Oasis from the dock and had the perfect timing to be at Senior Frogs at 2pm to watch the Oasis sail away from the island. Can't wait to upload those photos!!!

I was on this cruise too, just like the year before. It seemed like there were less activities to partake in, but that was ok. My goal was to relax, eat and drink merry, read my kindle, take photos and watch the Jets/Patriots game (which my team lost miserably... pitiful)

Century is a classy, well maintained ship. Drinks are good. Our waiter was awesome. Even though we could care less about Nassau (been there so many times) it was actually nice to get off the ship, walk around the main street, grab a drink at Senior Frogs.

Added bonus: I love cruising and I'm psyched for my Oasis cruise in December. This mini cruise gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the Oasis from the top deck of the Century! Also, I got more photos of Oasis from the dock and had the perfect timing to be at Senior Frogs at 2pm to watch the Oasis sail away from the island. Can't wait to upload those photos!!!

Its funny you mention Oasis sailing out. I had found out earlier that Dream and Oasis both left at 2 PM. I was down on the pier waiting, hoping Dream would leave first. Unfortunately she didn't. I was wanting a profile picture of Century next to Oasis to contrast the sizes, but it wasn't meant to be. I saw Oasis slack her lines first, so I went back up to our top deck to watch. Maybe next time. ;)

Grady Grady Grady.........how did I miss you and Beth were on this sailing.......I wanted to go.......we have done if for 2008 and 2009 and the next two years partied the same weekend in Naples with the "girls" of the cruises.......but I saw the $99.00 pp price and was so wanting to go, but Mike had to work........if I had known you guys were on I would have booked trust me.........$99.00 for two days plus the all inclusive $50.00 pp per day would have been cheaper than Tommy Bahamas in Naples.......and I LOVE THE CENTURY.......you are in big trouble buddy.........but you did do a great job on the review................

We are booked Destiny on Sept 5 with my son/dil and her family.......I still want to make the 29th trip out too.........just not the all inclusive price......

Grady Grady Grady.........how did I miss you and Beth were on this sailing.......I wanted to go.......we have done if for 2008 and 2009 and the next two years partied the same weekend in Naples with the "girls" of the cruises.......but I saw the $99.00 pp price and was so wanting to go, but Mike had to work........if I had known you guys were on I would have booked trust me.........$99.00 for two days plus the all inclusive $50.00 pp per day would have been cheaper than Tommy Bahamas in Naples.......and I LOVE THE CENTURY.......you are in big trouble buddy.........but you did do a great job on the review................

We are booked Destiny on Sept 5 with my son/dil and her family.......I still want to make the 29th trip out too.........just not the all inclusive price......

Well the countdown has only been in my sig for months now! :p:D We have to coordinate!

Thanks, your pictures were wonderful. After sailing on Solstice last fall, I was afraid Century would not compare favorably. But the ship looked great! I didn't have enough time on this 2-day cruise to visit all the places on the ship, so appreciate seeing pics of places I missed. I guess I'll have to book another Century cruise deal, maybe a 4-nighter, later this year...:)

Archived