My first Celebrity Cruise! Century 1/15/2011, Pictorial Review

DarthGrady

Great pictcures !!We booked on Century May 2012 reposition cruise and was not sure about the ship but it looks great. We just went on Azamara Journey this summer and loved being on a small ship . We have been on the Mercury but this looks smaller and updated beautifully!!

Darth-

Thanks for the pics! Heading out on the 1/31 cruise too and it is nice seeing such great pictures.

One question, you took one of cigars for sale. Where was that and where can one enjoy a cigar on board? I'm assuming up high and in the back somewhere.. :D

Darth-

Thanks for the pics! Heading out on the 1/31 cruise too and it is nice seeing such great pictures.

One question, you took one of cigars for sale. Where was that and where can one enjoy a cigar on board? I'm assuming up high and in the back somewhere.. :D

That was in the buffet (port side aft) just inside from the patio section sliding doors. There were large ashtrays on the tables in patio section, and I saw a couple of guys with stogies out there. I would have smoked one, but I wasn't with anyone who would appreciate it. :( I was actually a little surprised that she didn't have a cigar bar. So yes, up high and in the back as usual. :D

Thanks! I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for posting all the photos and your comments.

I was on the 1/15/2011 sailing with you, and and friend and I will be sailing on the Century the end of March. It will be my friend's first time sailing on Celebrity. I will send her and e-mail with this link so she can preview the ship before sailing.

Linda

Grady - What can I say man, your reviews ALWAYS Rock! I knew you'd enjoy your time on the Century and cruising with Celebrity. You make me want to go back on this ship, soon! Tell Beth, her homegirl from Ohio, says Hello!!

Thanks Mickey, I'll tell her, I know how you Ohio girls gotta stick together.

Beautiful!!! Looks so elegant - kind of like the style of cruising in days gone by.... so inviting!!!!!!! Makes me want to book! :D

I agree, I liked the use of so much wood paneling. Too many ships nowadays use too much metal, neon and kitschy decorations.

and I was pleasantly surprised how well kept up she is. I had been on her in 2006 and really love this ship. The crew was absolutely the best. I was considering the Pacific Coast in 2012 and now I would not hesitate. Welcome to Celebrity OP!

• 1 month later...
Very nice pictures, Grady! I am looking forward to my first cruise on Century next May. :)

Donald.

I agree with you Donald, these pics have really whetted my appetite for my first cruise on Century also. Thank you, Grady, for thoughtfully posting them. I was not sure I was going to like the Century, having LOVED the Mercury, but you have helped change my mind. David

Great pictures...thanks for posting them. It brought back all the good memories we have from our cruises on Century plus made us look forward to our upcoming one on her to San Diego.

Appreciate you taking the time and glad to hear you had a nice cruise and got lucky with the concierge cabin. Yes, the extra perks are great in a concierge room (especially when you don't have to pay extra for them) but this time around we'll have to rough it as we didn't book one. ;)

Glad you enjoy them! I like putting these things together almost as much as the cruise. :D

DH and I were on this cruise, too. (Stayed on for the 5 day that followed).

We had a great time!

Loved the ship so much we added another 5 day to an all ready planned trip to Orlando later this month. We'll board the Century on 4/2 and are looking forward to sailing on her again!!

Thanks so much for your photos - they brought back such fond memories!

Great pictures...thanks for posting them. It brought back all the good memories we have from our cruises on Century plus made us look forward to our upcoming one on her to San Diego.

Appreciate you taking the time and glad to hear you had a nice cruise and got lucky with the concierge cabin. Yes, the extra perks are great in a concierge room (especially when you don't have to pay extra for them) but this time around we'll have to rough it as we didn't book one. ;)

I agree with you on the perks. They were nice, but I don't think we would have paid extra for them. Although, I think we will miss the perks next year, we booked an interior on Eclipse. We just couldn't justify the additional cost to upgrade to the balcony. Hopefully there will be some price drops between now and then and we can get bumped up. If not, no big deal I figure, it will still be a great cruise.

Hi Grady, your pictures are terrific.:) I am sailing her again in May:)

I have pictures too but love looking at others and cannot wait to

step back on her:). My last cruise on CENTURY was April 2009 so

it is about time to sail her again:D;)

• 1 month later...
Makes me want to book a cruise on Century!

How nice to see these pictures again!

We were on the 1/15 cruise, so the pics bring the memories back once more!

We enjoyed the Century so much we took another cruise on her 4/2/11 - and were joined by friends who had never previously cruised on X.

They loved it! So did we!!

Would love to sail on her when she sails Down Under!

Thanks to the OP for posting your beautiful pics.

• 7 months later...
The Carnival Liberty starts her cruise to Downtown Miami

232323232%7Ffp43444%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3472989788326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp433%3C9%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D347298%3C934326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4335%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3472989793326nu0mrj

NCL Epic heads out

232323232%7Ffp43447%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3472989799326nu0mrj

Eclipse leaves

232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D347298%3C955326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43436%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729897%3A4326nu0mrj

I think the Epic looks kind of like a pet carrier w/decorations on top.

Thanks for all of these wonderful pictures - makes me homesick for this lovely ship. Our second cruise was on her, first on Millenium. The Century concierge cabins were wonderful. Thanks again.

Archived