Port or Starboard

BcIcemen

Dock side actually....Rather it be port or starboard.:p:eek::rolleyes:

Depending on the ship and port. Most ships will home port on the same side each time and that varies by ship and port. BUT for ports of call it can vary from trip to trip. Only exception to this that I have seen would be in Calica. They have backed in and docked on the Starboard side each time.

If you let us know which ship, port, and ports of call. Maybe someone can help further.

Depending on the ship and port. Most ships will home port on the same side each time and that varies by ship and port. BUT for ports of call it can vary from trip to trip. Only exception to this that I have seen would be in Calica. They have backed in and docked on the Starboard side each time.

If you let us know which ship, port, and ports of call. Maybe someone can help further.

Congrats on being platinum AND your first grandchild, Don !

Departs from:Miami, FL

<LI class=ship jQuery1295360062084="76">Ship:Carnival Valor<LI class="ports portLi" jQuery1295360062084="82">Ports of call:Grand Cayman, Cayman IslandsIsla RoatanBelizeCozumel, Mexico

Grand Cayman and Belieze are tender ports-- youwill take tender boat into port so the side of the ship does not matter.

For Cozumel- you could pull in and your view will be another ship- you could back in and the view will be water- each week will vary depending on the captain- when you arrive, when you leave, how many ships are in port.

Do NOT book a side of the ship basing it on the view-- it could be a whole different view when you sail

My DW loves to watch them undo the lines as we leave ports. Which side is better(or does it depend on the port) to watch this happen from your balcony.

As has been mentioned here, you never know ahead of time. But, one thing I always love is coming into/leaving port and watching the shoreline. Before I book, I see the route of the ship, check which side is along the coast for the majority of our stops, then book that side of the ship.

Amy

Archived