Coco Cay

richbum

Hi there. It looks like our friends and us might be booking a cruise which stops at Coco Cay. Does anyone have a list of excursions that we can do, with prices? What about the cabanas? Does anyone know the cost for these? Also, can someone post some pix? I am just starting my research, so any info would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!!:D

No cabanas on Coco Cay....there are plenty of shade trees, tho!

This is a beach day....the only "excursions" are things like waverunners (follow the leader sort of thing), parasailing, snorkeling, banana boats, etc....

You can't leave the island...it's part of your cruise. Sort of consider it a "sea day", but on land!

A BBQ lunch is included on the beach.

There are cabanas - I think 5 or 6 of them. Here is a picture. (You can see NCL's Sky in the background. NCL's private island is right next to Coco Cay.)

ry%3D480

We were at Coco Cay last June and again this past weekend. Since June, they've taken down the curtains from the cabanas and replaced the lounge chairs with these nice orange ones. The cabanas are located in the spa area and are first come-first serve. They were only half used when we were there, I think because people don't know they are free. The cabanas don't have any amenities - they are just shady and quiet.

The Royal Caribbean website has a list of the excursions (with the prices) that are available at Coco Cay.

Here are couple more pictures.

Straw Market:

ry%3D480

Hammock:

ry%3D400

Entrance to Coco Cay:

ry%3D480

Snorkeling orientation area:

ry%3D480

Great Pics! How is the beach? It doesnt appear to be very rocky.

It may not look rocky but most areas you need water shoes to get in. Forgot mine the first time we were there and it was ouch, ouch, ouch all the way into the water. There may be some areas farther down the beach that aren't as bad but when we were there in April of last year, the farther you travel down the beach the more windy it got.

Coco Cay is a favorite destination, and great pics posted. Its like Disney at the beach in that it is clean, man made, and wonderful. Chairs are free, there is a children's section, and as another CC mentioned, this is a FREE beach day, with lunch included. First and last rides tendered will be crowded.;)

Archived