Question about Carnival COFFEE...

BlendedFamily

I'm not a coffee snob, but it is tough for me to drink brands like "Folgers" or other bulk-brands like that.

Does anyone know what brand or type of coffee Carnival serves aboard her ships? Also, are additives like "Coffee Mate" available, or just the standard cream/sugar options?

It is not too good. But, we have a pot sent from room service each morning. I stir in 2 packs of Starbuck's Via Columbian (not the dark Italian), and it's tolerable.

We have cruised with a press pot before... But the cafe coffee offered now really is good, IMHO, so we suit ourselves with dressing it up.

Non dairy creamer is available.

I am not a fan for Carnival's liquid coffee.

It is a bag of highly concentrated coffee (liquid) and is mixed with hot water.

I cant stand it.

I therefore have bought what is called a 1 cup coffee maker

I have done alot of research and I really like the

Black and Decker Brew N Go for about $20

You can use any coffee you want

It includes a coffee thermos i believe about 16 oz

and it uses reusable filters.

check for it on Amazon

Just carry it on the ship in your Carry On

I'm not a coffee snob, but it is tough for me to drink brands like "Folgers" or other bulk-brands like that.

Does anyone know what brand or type of coffee Carnival serves aboard her ships? Also, are additives like "Coffee Mate" available, or just the standard cream/sugar options?

I'm sure cruise lines use a commercial coffee. Many will disagree with me but I have found Carnival's coffee to be more than satisfying with a great taste and served hot. I drink it black and love it strong...have never been disappointed.

Memory serves that there are a couple choices of "coffee mate" type thingies. They also offer soy selections and many different types of sugar - real and fake.....

in mine & my fellow cruisers opinion in my 7 carnival cruises the coffee was aweful same with the fountain style tea they serve! the lido its the worst & in the main dining rooms its bad but tolerable! personally i gave up coffee for the most part & made my own fresh brewed iced tea(earl gray iced is yummy) two cups at a time & splurged at the carnival starbucks'ish place for expresso! the coffee shop coffee is great but the tab builds up quick!

I am a huge coffee drinker and can tolerate it. I don't like it that much, but it is strong and that suits me fine. I will say the last two CCL ships I was on there were major problems with the machines (Imagination and Miracle). They kept breaking down in the mornings, etc. On the Imagination, every machine was down on two mornings. On the Miracle they had to brew extra and put it in a side container for people. Even when they did that the machines went down a few mornings and there was no regular coffee to be found. It wasn't pretty.

Not to try and pump up RCCL, but I was so happy when I got on Liberty of the Seas last December and they had Seattle's Best coffee.

I know what good coffee is- as I type, I am roasting some beans. The stuff at the lido deck is junk.

In the MDR and at the pay for coffee place, they make espresso/americanos with Illy coffee, a pretty good brand, better than anything from the store.

It's Suarez brand, bulk blackmarket second hand overstock beans they grown on prison grounds in Peru. Ah, it's not that bad. Nothing special. Decent truck stop/airline/1950's coffee shop coffee. It does the trick. They have GOOD, FREE espresso/chino's at the MDR after dinner.

It's Suarez brand, bulk blackmarket second hand overstock beans they grown on prison grounds in Peru. Ah, it's not that bad. Nothing special. Decent truck stop/airline/1950's coffee shop coffee. It does the trick. They have GOOD, FREE espresso/chino's at the MDR after dinner.

Always love the free Cappucino's after dinner. Yummy!

I find the coffee they serve to strong. The specialty coffee shop is even stronger.

As a result generally stick with tea while cruising and get my first good cup on the long drive home.

They do always have a good selection of decent hot tea bags.

You might want to try some of the splenda flavored sweeteners, or pack a small box of international coffee creamer singles.. Walmart carries the 40 pack.

I suck it up for the week, but I miss my flavored creamers..may do tea this time around...

I think the coffee is just fine. I have had only had bad coffee on one cruise, the Sensation, and only in the dining room.

Dining room seems to be the worst, usually better/fresher on Lido. Whatever, as long as it contains caffine I am fine with it.

Im not a fan of Folger's coffee either, but in a pinch I will drink it. As for Carnival...I dont mind the coffee on Lido deck, I take one cup with my breakfast which usually consists of fruit and croissants/danish. I do however find that the coffee from room service is better than Lido deck coffee, and I also like the coffee in the MDR at dinner time. Most of all in the MDR, I love the Cappucino!:)

I've already plotted the most direct path between my cabin on the Dream and the specialty coffee shop for my morning coffee run. Room service and/or Lido coffee has completely sucked on every cruise I've taken. That covers Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. This from a guy who used to drink tons of submarine coffee made in a Navy standard 5 gallon aluminum urn and liked it.

If the strategy was to bottom dollar the swill for the masses to drive the addicts to pay for decent coffee, it worked on me. (and I'm strangely OK with that)

Archived