What's with the naughty table?

popye

I don't understand why Celebrity wants to send you to the naughty table when the detect a bottle of wine in your carry on when you board the ship in each port of call. My back pack beeped a few times, and I was told to go to "the table", but always just walked right past it to the elevators. Why the signage about wine or alcohol when, according to their literature, it is permitted?

It was an annoyance and they made us feel like we were being "bad". :cool:

Read the literature a little more closely. And next time you ignore a security officer's instructions, don't complain on here when you're kicked off the ship.

Exactly read the literature especially if you are buying duty free, there is a reason its so cheap....

I don't understand why Celebrity wants to send you to the naughty table when the detect a bottle of wine in your carry on when you board the ship in each port of call. My back pack beeped a few times, and I was told to go to "the table", but always just walked right past it to the elevators. Why the signage about wine or alcohol when, according to their literature, it is permitted?

You stated that they "saw" a bottle in your backpack. Did they open the backpack and see it was wine? All they would know is it is a bottle and needs to be verified. Next time just open the bag before boarding, show them the wine bottles and they will let you go right through. Maybe a little too sensitive about the "naughty" table, when you have an undisclosed item in your backpack. Yes, the 2 bottles are allowed but the Security person does not know WHAT the bottle is - can't read Caymus on the x-ray machine.

Tiki

You stated that they "saw" a bottle in your backpack. Did they open the backpack and see it was wine? All they would know is it is a bottle and needs to be verified. Next time just open the bag before boarding, show them the wine bottles and they will let you go right through. Maybe a little too sensitive about the "naughty" table, when you have an undisclosed item in your backpack. Yes, the 2 bottles are allowed but the Security person does not know WHAT the bottle is - can't read Caymus on the x-ray machine.

Tiki

OP referenced "port of call". Rules say two bottles of wine for on-board consumption on embarkation; zero bottles for on-board consumption at ports of call. I will not draw any conclusion that one is "bad" for buying bottles in pots of call. I have no problem drawing a conclusion about "bad" from intentionally disregarding directions from security personnel. By far the easiest way to get thrown off the ship is to cop an attitude with ship officers or security personnel - you really do not want to go there.

Thom

You think that the "naughty table" is no fun....wait until you see the brig.

Seriously, by now you should know that the line allows you to bring two bottles of wine for consumption in your stateroom at initial boarding only, not at ports of call. Failing to follow security officers' instructions can put your whole cruise in jeopardy.

Seriously, by now you should know that the line allows you to bring two bottles of wine for consumption in your stateroom at initial boarding only, not at ports of call. Failing to follow security officers' instructions can put your whole cruise in jeopardy.

Maybe the OP does not know that. Maybe they have not cruise much. Wicked thread.:D

Maybe the OP does not know that. Maybe they have not cruise much. Wicked thread.:D
While he may not be totally familiar with Celebrity rules, in a post two years ago he discusses having done 10 cruises and a self-description was "regulars to the Southern Caribbean". I won't buy a plea of not knowing better; following direction from authorized security officials has been learned by most by elementary school. Of course he may just be the leading edge of "X the Rules".:rolleyes::eek:

Thom

While he may not be totally familiar with Celebrity rules, in a post two years ago he discusses having done 10 cruises and a self-description was "regulars to the Southern Caribbean". I won't buy a plea of not knowing better; following direction from authorized security officials has been learned by most by elementary school. Of course he may just be the leading edge of "X the Rules".:rolleyes::eek:

Thom

I stand corrected

From what I gather, it seems ship security are pretty much no-nonsense once you cross the line.

I recall a news item from several weeks ago of a couple who were put off the ship at the next port for fighting. With each other. And making a commotion in public areas. Not that this is anything to laugh over, but, they were both in their 80s I believe.

It's not just the youngsters that misbehave. :)

From what I gather, it seems ship security are pretty much no-nonsense once you cross the line.

I recall a news item from several weeks ago of a couple who were put off the ship at the next port for fighting. With each other. And making a commotion in public areas. Not that this is anything to laugh over, but, they were both in their 80s I believe.

For real 80 years old. Wow. I wonder if they were just shouting because they couldn't hear each other.:D

Well it's OK, as long as they didn't try to sneak liquor on board! I'm sure they were just entertainment (OK, weren't the onlookers entertained?)

Actually you have understated the couples age. They were 82 and 91:eek:

Thom

Hi there Tom! Took your advise (remember us from Mercury) and took a 5 day on Century so now we are Elite. Missed you at trivia.
Elite benefits are sooo mcuh better than they used to be. We are on the Celebrity Mercury's Farewell cruise which starts Valentine's Day. Sorry to see her go [she is being recycled to TUI Cruises in Germany].

Thom

Archived