Freedom of the Seas information please

richbum

Hi there. I have been looking for anything related to the Freedom. We are looking at booking for next Feb (eastern route). Can someone share with me the good, bad and ugly? I would love to see some pictures to pass on to our friends also.

Does anyone know what will be done during the drydock? Internet prices? Menus? Anything that you could offer would be greatly appreciated! THX in advance!:D

I'm not sure if we can post links on here but it's on the Nation of Why Not blog. It looks like there will be an outdoor movie screen added, a 3d movie screen, cupcake shop, and a nursery among other things.

We have been on this ship and this itineray twice. If you like sea days you will enjoy this cruise. Unless things have changed, you will visit St Thomas and St Marteen and the private island of Coco Cay. At Coco Cay you can choose to stay on ship the or visit the island.

WE have enjoyed both Thomas and Marteen(both are docking ports) and will go back again at some point in time. The ship is super. lots to do and places to visit on board.

There is plenty of room for everyone. We like the sea days, just being able to relax, answer to no-one and enjoy the ocean. There are several choices of food and entertainment for the young and old.

This may sound like an ad, but it is a nice ship. WE have been on a few ships and we like this one the best.

You will enjoy any of RCCL ships. JMO:D

If you're looking for pictures you can always go to YouTube.com and punch in Freedom of the Seas. They even have videos of the ship. We were on the innaugural cruise and are going again in April. Can't wait, it's a great ship.

Ive cruised her twice and had a great experience on both. My pictorial reviews are linked in my signature if you would like to check them out.

A few tips:

The Promenade Cafe and Sorrentos (also on the promenade) are usually much less crowded than the Windjammer Buffet for lunch, especially on the first day.

Do Flowrider early in the week if you are going to. It gets more crowded as the cruise goes on.

The fries and onion rings are free in Johnny Rockets, even if you don't pay for the full meal.

The Viking Crown has live music at night, a good low key alternative to the clubs.

The Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" gets Concierge Lounge access and free ice cream, if you don't mind your Promenade View room being a little obscured by cow butts.

DO NOT MISS THE ICE SHOW!

If Graham Seymour is still the CD, see his stand up comedy show. It is hilarious, as is his daily morning TV show.

Have fun!

Ive cruised her twice and had a great experience on both. My pictorial reviews are linked in my signature if you would like to check them out.

A few tips:

The Promenade Cafe and Sorrentos (also on the promenade) are usually much less crowded than the Windjammer Buffet for lunch, especially on the first day.

Do Flowrider early in the week if you are going to. It gets more crowded as the cruise goes on.

The fries and onion rings are free in Johnny Rockets, even if you don't pay for the full meal.

The Viking Crown has live music at night, a good low key alternative to the clubs.

The Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" gets Concierge Lounge access and free ice cream, if you don't mind your Promenade View room being a little obscured by cow butts.

DO NOT MISS THE ICE SHOW!

If Graham Seymour is still the CD, see his stand up comedy show. It is hilarious, as is his daily morning TV show.

Have fun!

Agreed. We loved the FOS. Sailed on her in Nov. and is our favorite now. Just one question about your tip about Johnny Rockets fries and onion rings free even without a meal. How does that work? There is a cover charge,:D right? Do you mean there is no charge if that is all you order? Thanks!

Agreed. We loved the FOS. Sailed on her in Nov. and is our favorite now. Just one question about your tip about Johnny Rockets fries and onion rings free even without a meal. How does that work? There is a cover charge,:D right? Do you mean there is no charge if that is all you order? Thanks!

As soon as you sit down they bring the plate of o-rings and fries, plus the smiley face of ketchup:). If thats all you want, you don't have to buy the full meal. We went there just for shakes one day, but ended up eating a ton of those o-rings.

I'm not sure if we can post links on here but it's on the Nation of Why Not blog. It looks like there will be an outdoor movie screen added, a 3d movie screen, cupcake shop, and a nursery among other things.

Hopefully they will repair the miniature golf course, it looked like hell in 2008 when it was only 2 years old. (Maybe they already have) That said, it was a great ship, my favorite so far. The link below has some pics from many in our roll call group.

Hopefully they will repair the miniature golf course, it looked like hell in 2008 when it was only 2 years old. (Maybe they already have) That said, it was a great ship, my favorite so far. The link below has some pics from many in our roll call group.

No, its still kinda raggedy. The "grass" is all matted down and the "shrubs" have seen much better days. In hindsight, putting decorative fake plants in an area that attracts all the kiddies was probably not the best idea.

Thanks for all of the info and all of the pictures. We have been on Navigator and Explorer, and I know that this is pretty much the same thing, just bigger, and a few more bells and whistles. Thanks for the info on Johnny Rockets. I thought that you had to pay the cover no matter what you ate. Happy cruising everyone!:D

As soon as you sit down they bring the plate of o-rings and fries, plus the smiley face of ketchup:). If thats all you want, you don't have to buy the full meal. We went there just for shakes one day, but ended up eating a ton of those o-rings.

Thank you, I had never heard anyone mention that before. So you don't pay the cover charge for shakes just for the meals, right? Thanks again! :D

Thank you, I had never heard anyone mention that before. So you don't pay the cover charge for shakes just for the meals, right? Thanks again! :D

I know you have to pay for shakes...we did anyway. When we had shakes there they didn't bring us french fries or o-rings.

Freedom is a great ship. Planned upgrades coming in March: Outdoor movie screen, Dreamworks characters (Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda), Dreamworks 3D Theater, Remodeled Vintages Wine Bar, Cupcake Cupboard, Interactive navigation maps throughout the ship, and a overall sprucing up. :D

We have been on this ship and this itineray twice. If you like sea days you will enjoy this cruise. Unless things have changed, you will visit St Thomas and St Marteen and the private island of Coco Cay. At Coco Cay you can choose to stay on ship the or visit the island.

WE have enjoyed both Thomas and Marteen(both are docking ports) and will go back again at some point in time. The ship is super. lots to do and places to visit on board.

There is plenty of room for everyone. We like the sea days, just being able to relax, answer to no-one and enjoy the ocean. There are several choices of food and entertainment for the young and old.

This may sound like an ad, but it is a nice ship. WE have been on a few ships and we like this one the best.

You will enjoy any of RCCL ships. JMO:D

I agree with you. Our favorite ship to date! Going back in August and can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you. Our favorite ship to date! Going back in August and can't wait!

When are you going in August? That's when we're going: 8/21/11. Can't wait! I've heard so many good things about this ship. Although, this is the first I'm hearing about the mini-golf being in bad shape. :(. Was hoping to do that with my kids.

the pizza place on the Promenade?...Sorrentos? Is that an extra charge like Johnny Rockets...or included?

tia!

Everything at Sorrentos is free. They have Pizza, a daily panini, and sweets (normally mousse of some sort). There is also a Cafe (Cafe Promenade) has fancy coffee for sale, but plain coffee is free. They also have some small sandwiches (ham & cheese croissant every day), cookies, granola bars and pound cake - all of this is free and a great alternative to the Windjammer. Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours per day.

Everything at Sorrentos is free. They have Pizza, a daily panini, and sweets (normally mousse of some sort). There is also a Cafe (Cafe Promenade) has fancy coffee for sale, but plain coffee is free. They also have some small sandwiches (ham & cheese croissant every day), cookies, granola bars and pound cake - all of this is free and a great alternative to the Windjammer. Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours per day.

Thank you so very much. Exactly what I was looking for!!

Internet starts at $.65 per minute, and goes down as you buy larger "packages" of mins....the $.65pm is "a la carte" pricing.

You can do a search of any RCI menu...they're all the same.

Bring binoculars on your cruise...there's alot to see out there!

We just got off the FOS. It is a wonderful, beautiful large ship! It was a very busy ship with lots of kids but it just could have been our week too.

We talked to several employees onboard and they said all of what has been mentioned but also they will be replacing all the carpets, the ship will be cleaned top to bottom and all will get new paint where she needs it.

Hi there. I have been looking for anything related to the Freedom. We are looking at booking for next Feb (eastern route). Can someone share with me the good, bad and ugly? I would love to see some pictures to pass on to our friends also.

Does anyone know what will be done during the drydock? Internet prices? Menus? Anything that you could offer would be greatly appreciated! THX in advance!:D

here are good sites for Freedom

http://ourfreedomcruise.com/

http://www.thepreismans.com/ ( find the freedom cruise)

Archived