selections of hop on hop off

dmtb518

Hi...

Traveling to Barcelona in March and pan on staying their pre cruise for one night.. We are arriving early in the morning about 9 am... We are planning to do a hop on hop off bus, just so we can see alot in a short amount of time.. I like the idea that we can basically use this as our mode of transportation and walk to areas that we are interested in seeing. There seem to be two different lines running for about the same price, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on which is better. They both have alot of the same spots however some are different. I will list below, please let me know if anyone has any input on this. Thanks so much Dawn :)

These are the stops that are different on each bus route, they both include about 25 additional stops.

East to West bus (22 euro) North to South bus (21 euro)

- Barceloneta - Gracia

- Platja del Bogatell - Sarria

- Nova mar bella - monestir de pedralbes

- forum - palau reial

- glories-torre agbar - football club

- hospital de la sta - francesc macia

- estacio de sants - macba-cccb

- camp nou - creu coberta

- placa pius XII - funicular de montjuic

- l'llla diagonal - place de la citadel zoo

- avinguda diagonal - pla de palau

I will be researching to see if they are they same, but any insight would be great additional information...

There are two bus lines. The Turista buses actually run three routes: Red, Blue, and Green. Only the red and blue run past prominent sites. A one day pass is good for both routes. If you take the red route, see the sights; then change buses at one of their intersecting stops and see the sights on the blue route! That's a lot of sights in one day; but it's better than missing one or two you might really want to see up close. Have a great time in Barcelona and a wonderful cruise.

Captain Ronn

The list on the left side names mostly streets,1 neighborhood(Barcelonetta) and the Sants railroad station. The only tourist sight named is the football(soccer)stadium, Camp Nou.

The list on the right side names 2 neighborhoods(Gracia and Sarria) and some sights. I don't use the hoho buses so I don't have an opinion as to which company is best.

For one day I'd read a little on line or at my local book store and pick some places I'd really enjoy seeing instead of just getting on a bus and not really knowing what sights would interest me.

We used the red buses which I believe is Barcelona Tours. Many stops are all in the same area. I don't think it matters that much. I've read some on here say they watched which buses typically were more filled and used the other line specifically for that reason. We were there a total of 3 1/2 days precruise so we used the Ho Hos as a way to see an overview of the city the first day and the second got off at stops we wanted. After that we walked, cabbed and used the Metro.

It's a great overview. Depending on where you are staying you could probably hit a couple of the really nice spots done by Gaudi. woth a visit if you have time and doesn't take too much.

have a great time :):)

Does anybody know of a site that has a MAP of the HOHO bus routes?

The only website I found that sells tickets for these just lists the stops, without showing on a map where they are.

I could cross-reference the list to my street map manually, but there must be a map of the bus route somewhere, no?

Also...where is the best place to buy the tickets if I do not do it in advance? We'll be staying near the Plaza Catalunya at the Jazz Hotel and I think I read somewhere that that's where the busses leave from.

Thanks in advance!

:)

When we were in Barcelona a couple years ago, we decided to use the metro to see the sights instead of the HOHO & were glad we did...We noticed at one of the stops there were massive amounts of people waiting to get on the bus, but when it arrived only a few people got off, leaving the angry masses waiting for the next bus. When the next bus came, the same thing happened! Just a warning in case you're traveling peak periods or there is more than one ship in port.

We will be in Barcelona 3 days Pre Cruise and staying at the Hotel Barcelona Universal on Avinguda Paral.Lei 76-80. I have been checking this board for helpful suggestions, as we will probably use the HOHO Bus the first couple days, then have a tour scheduled in Montserrat/Winery. This will be our first trip to Barcelona, for a TA on Oct 29th. Any tips on where to get the bus in our area would be appreciated along with other advice. We are aware of the Pick pockets so getting prepared.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a great site today for the Hop On Hop Off buses. It's barcelonabusturistic

I won't put the whole site name as I'm not sure if that's allowed.

I was able to print the map routes - there are Red, Blue and Green (for evening). I was also able to print the stops, which I'll now research. I was happy to find this.

Now, I'd rather not purchase my ticket online as it says you have to go to a certain spot to exchange it for a ticket. Does anyone know where to buy the tickets locally? We're staying on Las Ramblas, not far from Placa de Catalunya.

Thanks

Archived