Carnival ship are pulled out of Belize this week

katiecat

We liked our stop there in '09 on the Miracle and went snorkeling. Planning a land vacation to Belize in Feb 2012 to go snorkeling and scuba diving. Guess if you like it or not depends on what you want to do there.

Hope they work it out as people seem to enjoy cave tubing and it is a good spot for snorkeling. We even did an independent excursion to Caye Caulker which was a long ride there and back but never was worried about missing the ship. Sometimes you have to live a little. :cool:

So is it just another sea day, or is the ship stopping somewhere else instead? Supposed to be in Belize next week, and it would be nice to know what's going to happen instead.

Soozle, I just posted on John Heald's Facebook........maybe he will have an answer.

Thats disappointing to hear...I wanted to go back there. I went there on my first cruise when I fell in love with cruising. However, being my first cruise didn't do much research on things to do and didn't plan anything. But I've been wanting to go back to do the cave tubing because Samantha Brown made it look like fun. :p

And I'm sure the water is pretty chilly if it's anything like tubing down the Guadalupe in New Braunfauls. FREEZING COLD :eek: but tons of fun. Love tubing...

Kinda reminds me of a few years back when Carnival wanted that extra $9/day for fuel. And didn't Alaska want to add some large amount of money on for port fees last year?

Guess it pays to own the boat.

Seems like $2 isn't much, but if you allow it here then they want an extra $4, and these guys want another $6 and pretty soon $50 is added on.

Belize has many things to offer, the problem is how long it takes to GET to these things.

Twice we have gotten off the ship in Belize and these are the two times that we really pushed it way too close for comfort, getting back to a tender.

The tender is horrific and then once you get on land, getting to any excursion is at least an additional hour.

I am happy I got off the ship those two times and experienced Belize...but twice was enough. If any of my future cruises stop there, I will stay on board.

Once again Halos, I agree with you 100%!!! Once was enough for us!!

I would have to say that the private excursion we took to Caye Caulker when we were in Belize was one of the highlights of any cruise we've been on. Yes, it's a 40 minute boat ride from the cruise ship terminal, but it was soooo worth the ride. Passing by a private island and snorkeling at the world's second largest barrier reef was AMAZING. Oh, and the island of Caye Cauker itself was quite neat. I think stopping in Belize is well worth the time.

On short notice, if the issue is unresolved, you'll get another Fun Day at Sea. For longer term, say 2-6 months out, you might see anothe rport added. But depending on your itinerary, it'll most likely be Grand Cayman or Costa Maya. I think Carnival Western itineraries do either GC or CM but not both at present.

Replacing Belize with Costa Maya would be fine with us.

Normally, I would be happy to just stay on the ship after visiting Belize last year, but our DS and two of his friends are going with us in May and we'll have to plan an excursion. It just takes SO LONG to get to anywhere!!

Replacing Belize with Costa Maya would be fine with us.

Normally, I would be happy to just stay on the ship after visiting Belize last year, but our DS and two of his friends are going with us in May and we'll have to plan an excursion. It just takes SO LONG to get to anywhere!!

Our Dream intinerary has Belize & Costa Maya next week...so switching for Costa Maya isn't an option as we are already going there!

Just off the phone with Carnival for our March 27 Legend cruise.

Belize is temporarily removed from the itinerary. Currently, it is now a Fun Day at Sea. However, they are trying to substitute it for Costa Maya.

Hope this helps any Legend cruisers or any traveling on a cruise with a stop at Belize.

Of course I just booked a cruise yesterday because last October we missed Belize due to a hurricane and I wanted to go to Belize. I loved Roatan and will be glad to visit there again, but I really wanted to snorkel in Belize. We changed our itinerary all around and even tried to go to Costa Maya, but we ended up in Cozumel twice. That was fine by me. I know they tried. I prefer going somewhere other than an extra sea day. Hope they resolve this. If not, at least I will still get to be on a cruise.

I would have to say that the private excursion we took to Caye Caulker when we were in Belize was one of the highlights of any cruise we've been on. Yes, it's a 40 minute boat ride from the cruise ship terminal, but it was soooo worth the ride. Passing by a private island and snorkeling at the world's second largest barrier reef was AMAZING. Oh, and the island of Caye Cauker itself was quite neat. I think stopping in Belize is well worth the time.

Who did you do the private excursion with? This is exactly what we were looking forward to. Thanks.

Just off the phone with Carnival for our March 27 Legend cruise.

Belize is temporarily removed from the itinerary. Currently, it is now a Fun Day at Sea. However, they are trying to substitute it for Costa Maya.

Hope this helps any Legend cruisers or any traveling on a cruise with a stop at Belize.

That doesn't work for us DREAM cruisers that have Belize & Costa Maya in our intineraries already!

Belize was the only stop we wanted to see as we've been to the others before.

If they turn it into another sea day will we be compensated for it?

It seems like an alert or itinerary change would be difficult at this point since who knows, it could all be resolved this afternoon making it a non issue.

I've seen two variations of the water works schedule on the Dream. We are headed to Belize in Oct but I was having a hard time getting excited about it. The slides close while in port right? It might be hard to stay on board from 8a - 6p with the kids with limited entertainment...

I'd like to hope they would change it and go to GC instead but I bet that is a nightmare when you have to deal with people that are already booked etc etc.

Archived