HOW RCI FIGURED NEW CREDITS...(Seriously)

EVALUATOR

That doesn't sound right. Everyone that was 1 cruise from escalating should still be 1 cruise from escalating. How many credits did he have prior to the change?

I do apologise as i have the inability to count it is late here. He has currently 22 point we are then sailing the 3 night Paris from SOU on Independence then doing the 4 night SOU to Cork on Independence right after so B2B that makes 7 nights so 7 cruise points. which will bring his total to 29...... 1 point shy of hitting that 30 point mark.

Under the old system he would have had 3 completed cruises under his belt and these next 2 would have made 5 so up to platinum he would go.

We have not upgraded to a suite so no double up for us.

For me it gets a bit strange......i have only done 1 RCCL cruise last year on Independence 4 nights from SOU to Cork but i strangely have 8 points?

Please if someone with a bit more life in them then me.....I'm asking you fellow Americans who are hopefully half way or just starting there day so the coffee is still strong.....to help. Its gone 11pm here and my brain hurts from lackof coffee :)

CK x

That's kind of where I thought it should be. RCL is saying I have only 52, which just can't be right.

That may just be counting the first of your recent cruises. 2 credits for that would give you 7, which would translate into 52 points. Since you just got off the other a few days ago, it may not have credited to your account yet. If that's the case, just watch how they treat it. As I said, since that cruise embarked before the 21st, I think it should give you an additional 2 credits to put you at 9, then be translated to 76 points. If they use the new system on that cruise, it would add 14 points to the 52 you are showing now, and give you 66. Obviously, it's more advantageous to you, if they apply the 2 credits first, then translate to the new system.

ETA: Perhaps they have only counted your first week so far, which under the conversion formula would give you 7 days for each of the two "credits" you had earned. Maybe this time next week, you'll have 14 more "points" from the second week's cruise...

Theron

Oh, I hope so!:D

Thanks

We each had 5 Cruise credits....Platinum members.

We did a B2B, 2 -7 nighters, both in grand suites.

The first week was Jan 9-15, the second Jan 16-23.

RCL only gave us credit for 7 days on each cruise, even though the first week was over before this took effect on Jan 21, and we were mostly through the second week.

Since it changed over when they did, we lost out on the extra credit for staying in a Suite, twice.......

This is unfair because if we would have received the extra for staying in suites, we would at least be "emerald" right now.:(

Plus....we were originally scheduled to go to Alaska on the repo cruise that was cancelled....which would have given yet another credit for cruising more than 12 days. We then re-booked a B2B, which was 14 days and lost out on that too. I knew I was going to lose that....but the extra for staying in suites should have been counted.

Has anyone gotten anywhere with complaining about this?

I didn't have your exact issue, but I did contact them with mine. I didn't get much traction with the reps on the phone, or their supervisor that I got transferred up to.

I then wrote out an email with my complaint and sent it to:

crownandanchor@rccl.com

and

agoldstein@rccl.com (the President of the company)

I got a call on Tuesday from a C&A rep who said that they would fix the problem. So be persistent if the reps on the phone can't/won't help.

For me it gets a bit strange......i have only done 1 RCCL cruise last year on Independence 4 nights from SOU to Cork but i strangely have 8 points?

The formula for calculating conversion is 7X+Y, where X is your previously existing number of cruise credits and Y is how many points RCI is adding during the conversion. The more cruise credits you had, the more points that are added. You can find your Y value here (I apologize since I'm sure someone else has done this in another thread and it has been discussed here):

Cruise credits: 1-4

Y=1

Cruise credits: 5-7

Y=3

Cruise credits: 8+

Y=13

Sooooo.... in your case, you have X=1 and Y=1

7X+Y=?

7(1)+1=8

Archived