British & Ireland Interlude - Ocean Princess Questions

CruiseAdict218

Sorry if the title is in correct if it is I'm on my phone.

Anyway I had two questions about this cruise:

1) Is the cruise done every year?, will it be avaible in 2012 for example?

2) Dublin is over night are there any excursions that have to do with the Titanic?

I also looked at this cruise and talked to Princess about it. They have offered it for at least the last two years and they expect to continue to offer it. There are no ship excursion related to the Titanic from Dublin. You can see the ship excursion at http://www.princess.com/find/shorexDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=7117&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&bID=PCPB&airPortCode=&port=GR3&productCode=EUN071&departureDate=Aug+25%2C+2011&productDesc=Ireland+%26+Scotland+Interlude%3A+Roundtrip+Dover+-+7+Days

The late stay at Greenock is so that passengers can go to the Edinburgh Tattoo. Why don't you drop in the roll call thread and see what others are doing and ask about Titanic tours.

I also looked at this cruise and talked to Princess about it. They have offered it for at least the last two years and they expect to continue to offer it. There are no ship excursion related to the Titanic from Dublin. You can see the ship excursion at http://www.princess.com/find/shorexDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=7117&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&bID=PCPB&airPortCode=&port=GR3&productCode=EUN071&departureDate=Aug+25%2C+2011&productDesc=Ireland+%26+Scotland+Interlude%3A+Roundtrip+Dover+-+7+Days

The late stay at Greenock is so that passengers can go to the Edinburgh Tattoo. Why don't you drop in the roll call thread and see what others are doing and ask about Titanic tours.

Thanks and I did see that late stay, even with out no titanic excursions it still looks like a nice cruise

2) Dublin---are there any excursions that have to do with the Titanic?

Really, to my knowledge, not much to see there anymore. On a Princess tour we once took there, we passed a building and were told that the design work for the Titanic was done there.

If you want to see Titantic history, then you need to take a cruise that stops in Halifax, Canada.

If you are interested in the Titanic you need a cruise that visits Cobh (the port for trips to Cork, Ireland) Cobh (pronounced Cove) was the final departure point for the Titanic and there is a good exhibition centre at the harbour in the old railway station. If I remember correctly admission price was about 13 Euros.

Really, to my knowledge, not much to see there anymore. On a Princess tour we once took there, we passed a building and were told that the design work for the Titanic was done there.

If you want to see Titantic history, then you need to take a cruise that stops in Halifax, Canada.

I did that one on my first cruise, but thanks

If you are interested in the Titanic you need a cruise that visits Cobh (the port for trips to Cork, Ireland) Cobh (pronounced Cove) was the final departure point for the Titanic and there is a good exhibition centre at the harbour in the old railway station. If I remember correctly admission price was about 13 Euros.

Thanks, Ill look into it

Archived