Crystal Block?

I am reading about crystal block recognition here, but have never heard of it before. I finished my 20th cruise credit this past Dec. and heard nothing of crystal block. What is it, and what do I do about not getting it after my 20th credit? Thanks.

Somebody said that the rules have been changed, but it was our understanding that the blocks were given after the 30th cruise and every 10 cruises after that. We have (almost) always had them presented to us with out having to ask. Twice we had to go to the Loyalty Ambassador to get them.

I would call the Crown and Anchor office and ask if you are given one after 20 cruises.

We did not get our block for 30 onboard, so when we got home, I called C&A, and they mailed it to us. They really are nice. We now have 2 and will earn our 3rd when we sail Mariner in Jan. '12.

The former poster is right; they are supposed to be presented by the LA onboard, but that doesn't always happen.

Cruzin Lady

I am reading about crystal block recognition here, but have never heard of it before. I finished my 20th cruise credit this past Dec. and heard nothing of crystal block. What is it, and what do I do about not getting it after my 20th credit? Thanks.

If you got your 20th cruise credit in Dec 2010, then you should have gotten the crystal block on that ship. We were on Radiance in Dec 2010 and should have received a crystal block, but they were out of stock on board. The LA on Radiance said they would mail a block to us. I waited a month, no block, so I called C&A (thanks to Patti for the tip) who said they had no record of a crystal block mailing request for us. The C&A rep then created a request for the block while I was on the phone. She said it would take 4 to 8 weeks.

If I were you, I'd call C&A.

Bob

We recieved our 20th Cruise Crystal Block on Navigator this past December. It was gift wrapped and laying on our bed after dinner.

Guess I will see how it works in a couple of weeks. I hit the 140 credits on night one...

Guess I will see how it works in a couple of weeks. I hit the 140 credits on night one...

I highly recommend you seek out the LA as soon as you can after you board. Identify yourself as a crystal block recipient and ask how they normally distribute the blocks. Some will give it to you on the spot, others will hand them out at the C&A party, and I've heard that others have the room stewards distribute them. If they give you a choice, get it on the spot. From what I've read here, it can be a pain if you don't get it before leaving the ship.

Bob

What does everyone do with them?;)

Ours are on our fireplace mantle. They are actually quite intricate. I'd love to find some sort of base with an LED light in the bottom to light up the block, but I haven't found anything that is the right size yet.

same as florida scorpion. had 19 cruises converted to 146 points. with the new rules i thought i could get the crystal gift as i have over 140 credits. i e mailed c&a to ask how to get the crystal gift. no reply yet. BUT they just changed my 146 to 132 points yesterday with the same 19 cruise credits.dont know why!

same as florida scorpion. had 19 cruises converted to 146 points. with the new rules i thought i could get the crystal gift as i have over 140 credits. i e mailed c&a to ask how to get the crystal gift. no reply yet. BUT they just changed my 146 to 132 points yesterday with the same 19 cruise credits.dont know why![/quote]

That seems to be a glich in the system today. Alot of points seems to be screwed up.

I highly recommend you seek out the LA as soon as you can after you board. Identify yourself as a crystal block recipient and ask how they normally distribute the blocks. Some will give it to you on the spot, others will hand them out at the C&A party, and I've heard that others have the room stewards distribute them. If they give you a choice, get it on the spot. From what I've read here, it can be a pain if you don't get it before leaving the ship.

Bob

I suspect that is part of the plans...in part I want to find out how many D/D+ on the cruise. If it is like the one out of Colon for Spring Break, going out of Dubai will have few with lots of cruises...thus I am hoping there are so few they just tell me to go to CL instead of a diamond event for only a couple of cabins...:rolleyes:

I guess 10 cruises later or 70 points later I will have to plan them to accrue while on Voyager...it's only a short drive over to NOLA to make that happen.

Thanks for the replies all. I wasn't aware of the crystal block before my last cruise, or I would have checked with the LA. Going on the Allure in Feb. wonder if it could be arranged for me to get mine then. I'll call C&A and check.

Thanks for the replies all. I wasn't aware of the crystal block before my last cruise, or I would have checked with the LA. Going on the Allure in Feb. wonder if it could be arranged for me to get mine then. I'll call C&A and check.

You get the crystal block for the ship you are on when you reach your milestone. It has the name of the ship on it.

• 2 weeks later...
We had 19 credits prior to the conversion which would have given us a crystal block on our next cruise. With the new conversion I now have 146 points so I now have to wait until 210 points to receive the first block.

We have friends that just returned from the Allure. This would have been their 30th cruise credit, where they should have received their crystal block.

Their 29 credits converted to 216 cruise points, or past the 210 for the block.

We just heard from them today. They did receive the block on this cruise.:D:)

What does everyone do with them?;)

Ours are on our fireplace mantle. They are actually quite intricate. I'd love to find some sort of base with an LED light in the bottom to light up the block, but I haven't found anything that is the right size yet.

Ours are in a drawer in the china cabinet waiting for the price to go through the roof on ebay.

Ours is going to a fellow CC member who broke hers. Ours was just setting in a storage closet.....

If you got your 20th cruise credit in Dec 2010, then you should have gotten the crystal block on that ship. We were on Radiance in Dec 2010 and should have received a crystal block, but they were out of stock on board. The LA on Radiance said they would mail a block to us. I waited a month, no block, so I called C&A (thanks to Patti for the tip) who said they had no record of a crystal block mailing request for us. The C&A rep then created a request for the block while I was on the phone. She said it would take 4 to 8 weeks.

If I were you, I'd call C&A.

Bob

I called C&A for my block last month and it came in less than a week - to my neighbor's address with my name spelled wrong. :rolleyes: But it beats the over 4 months :eek: I had to wait for one last year that was addressed to my then 19 year old daughter.

Gina

Never got a block :( thought we had to wait until 30 so I never asked, we have 25 converting to 188 in the conversion so won't get one now until 210. Cruises we have on the books get us to 206, would have been fun to have got an Allure one because chances are that is the only time I will ever cruise on the ship, oh well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Never got a block :( thought we had to wait until 30 so I never asked, we have 25 converting to 188 in the conversion so won't get one now until 210. Cruises we have on the books get us to 206, would have been fun to have got an Allure one because chances are that is the only time I will ever cruise on the ship, oh well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Getting one at 20 cruise credits was a new thing last June. If you already had 20 and were heading towards 30, you didn't get one.

Now you will need to hit 210 and get your first one on that cruise.

:)

Archived