Explorer of the Seas cabin question

RCCLgal

I am sailing on the Explorer on 4/9/11. The only cabin left is 7312. It's the 1st cabin at the start of the "hump". Any thoughts on this location or has anyone had this cabin? Just concerned about the view from the balcony. This will be my 1st time on the Explorer and to Bermuda. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I was on the Allure and Oasis last, so I hope I am not to dissappointed with the Explorer. The Allure/Oasis really spoiled us.

Thanks

I am sailing on the Explorer on 4/9/11. The only cabin left is 7312. It's the 1st cabin at the start of the "hump". Any thoughts on this location or has anyone had this cabin? Just concerned about the view from the balcony. This will be my 1st time on the Explorer and to Bermuda. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I was on the Allure and Oasis last, so I hope I am not to dissappointed with the Explorer. The Allure/Oasis really spoiled us.

Thanks

The balconies aboard Explorer are slightly different than the ones on Oasis. Oasis had the balconies basically added on to the exterior of the ship, whereas the ones on Explorer are built into the superstructure. If you check out the pics Explorer, you will see what Im saying. Voyager, Explorer and I believe Adventure are all like this...then they switched with Navigator and Mariner...and kept this idea for Freedom class and Genesis class. The balcony veiw should be fine...you may be SLIGHTLY hindered from looking out your balcony in the rear facing direction, just because of how your balcony wall will be tilted towards the front, but it should not be an issue at all. The Explorer is nice, but it certainly isn't Allure or Oasis. However, if you enjoy cruising and RCCL, you should enjoy the ship.

In it's day The Explorer was the most dazzling ship around, along with Voyager. Today it is 10 years old but still kept in good shape. There will be far fewer restaurants and fewer activities. But you will not be bored.

You have the parades, the ice show (2 different shows on longer sailing), L & M, The Quest, etc.

This certainly isn't HAL.:)

This picture shows the side wall of a typical balcony on The Explorer. Notice that it is a solid bulkhead giving total privacy. Other ships with the balconies hung out from the side give far less privacy since you have a simple partition separating you from your neighbors.

The paint splotch shown here is typical of what the ship looked like before the Jan 2010 drydock where everything was repainted with a new blend of paint to help deal with the extreme temperature changes on every sailing from super cold to super hot repeatedly.

2081728090096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks, all. I just don't want a view of the neighbors balcony and vice versa. LOL

In this sense, you will have much more privacy on your balcony on Explorer than you did on Oasis and Allure. BigBopper's pic is a perfect example of the Explorer balcony, and since you have been on Oasis, you can see how they differ.

You'll love the cabin - you were lucky to get it. Deck 7 is my favorite because of the library area. We stayed in 6612 one year and loved the convenience to the elevators and stairs. The balcony was very private - if you hang over the rail you can see down the side of the ship, but you're not visible if just sitting on the balcony.

Thanks for the picture and all the responses. I am really looking forward to the cruise. The balcony is much different than the Allure/Oasis. We had peeping tom's in the room next to us on the oasis...they were always looking over into our balcony. It was really annoying.

Thanks for the picture and all the responses. I am really looking forward to the cruise. The balcony is much different than the Allure/Oasis. We had peeping tom's in the room next to us on the oasis...they were always looking over into our balcony. It was really annoying.

ooops...I didnt think you noticed me peeking in! Sorry.

We were in 7318 on explorer in november which is the centre of the hump great views from balcony great location very quite and right next to the elevators very convenient have a fantastic cruise we loved the explorer and the crew were great:)

nick

Archived