Just back from Ruby, smoking question

mtjlr

Back from the Ruby yesterday. We had a great cruise, no complaints. We had a balcony on Baja, port side, and had smokers above, below and next to us. Didn't bother us all the time, but when they were all outside it made it difficult to enjoy our balcony. Fortunately, that only happened a few times. This has probably been asked and answered many times before, but is smoking allowed on both port and starboard balconies? Thanks!

Also just back from Ruby, longer post going elsewhere, but we were Port side, Riviera deck balcony, and the smoke smell wasn't coming from our neighbors, or below us, but through the room vent, from the Lido deck above, where the public smoking area was. Room steward used his magic spray quite a bit, which helped for awhile, but didn't solve the problem. Passenger Services desk took our info on the problem . . . and dispatched the room steward.

The 'limitation' of smoking on just one side of the ship is for outside, public areas only.

I called Princess and specifically asked them about this for the Crown....and was told that the public areas and decks where it is allowed, it IS allowed on both sides......I was trying to avoid the smokers you have to walk through to get to the buffet.....it was horrible on the Emerald for us last year.....

Also just back from Ruby, longer post going elsewhere, but we were Port side, Riviera deck balcony, and the smoke smell wasn't coming from our neighbors, or below us, but through the room vent, from the Lido deck above, where the public smoking area was. Room steward used his magic spray quite a bit, which helped for awhile, but didn't solve the problem. Passenger Services desk took our info on the problem . . . and dispatched the room steward.

We had the same problem with it coming through the vent sytem last year on the Emerald.....we were in C108 and we had the smoke smell the whole week.....I wanted to say something but my husband didn't want me to (even though he is the one with allergies)......I did make a lengthly comment on the survey about it (it really was gross)......and Princess gave us each a credit to be used on a future cruise......which we are going on Feb. 5th on the Crown......hoping we don't have the same problem again!

I called Princess and specifically asked them about this for the Crown....and was told that the public areas and decks where it is allowed, it IS allowed on both sides......I was trying to avoid the smokers you have to walk through to get to the buffet.....it was horrible on the Emerald for us last year.....

While I know that things change, have sailed on the Crown three times('06.'07,'08) and smoking was limited to just one side in the public areas. That being said, we all know that this doesn't always work because rules don't apply to everyone:rolleyes:.

While I know that things change, have sailed on the Crown three times('06.'07,'08) and smoking was limited to just one side in the public areas. That being said, we all know that this doesn't always work because rules don't apply to everyone:rolleyes:.

It is also very possible that the Customer Service rep at Princess gave me the wrong information.....

I wish that Princess would listen to its guests and make it so one side of the ship was smoke free.

Surely this is not too hard to implement.

Matthew

Unfortunately, it is hard to implement when the goal is to sell every cabin for every voyage.

I wish that Princess would listen to its guests and make it so one side of the ship was smoke free.

Surely this is not too hard to implement.

Matthew

It's not a hard thing to implement, but the day that they do 80 % of the people would book the non smoking side as far ahead as possible & the smoking side would go out almost empty. I doubt if any non smokers would consider booking a cruise on the ship if they got stuck on the smoking side. The way it stands today they're counting on people not complaining.

Just stick to the port side and no problem or hold your breath on the starboard side. :)

Happy cruising

Chris

Just stick to the port side and no problem or hold your breath on the starboard side. :)

Happy cruising

Chris

I think you reversed the sides. ;) Most of Princess's ships have the smoking near the pools on the port side.

Of course if you talking about balconies then you've sometimes got to hold your breath all the time. :(

Archived