Best Price and Best Time to Go

IslandRetrievers

We're planning a PG cruise in 2012 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. So, first question is what's the best time to go? We're thinking the end of May, is that a good time as far as weather? Also, when we're ready to book, where can we typically find the best fare? Is the 50% off and free airfare the best deal? I noticed they have that a lot, just wondering if there's somewhere I can find a cheaper rate. Thanks so much and any other advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I have never been end of May so someone will have to speak to that. However August/October/February and Dec are all fine. Maybe you should check timing of hurricanes as something tells me there was one in that area in May last year.

I havent really seen any better prices than what you mentioned but you could load up on some OBC which could be very useful if you have an AMEX Platinum/ work with select agents/book when a special extra OBC is offered.

Hope this helps.

I am booked in August 2010. We booked August as we were there in 1997 and the weather was perfect. We researched the internet for weather and decided we had done our homework back in 97 so we booked August again. I've watched PG for several years with pricing promotions and Emdee is correct. What I have seen is the OBC starts about six months before sailing. I decided to book earlier than that to get the room I wanted. A window room as I figured what I saved by booking a window would more than cover the OBC. So far I am correct. I booked in September for an August 10th cruise. I got the 50% off and an airfare credit as I am using miles to fly. I am still happy with my price which I got directly from PG.

I was able to get the same deal 2 for 1 plus free air and an additional $1000 off per person and $100 OBC per person during PG's black Friday sale that they offered starting the day after Thanksgiving 2010 through the middle of December. I had never seen that before so I jumped at the opportunity.

We have gone in September before and it was nice. This time is June since we are taking our 16 year old son. (The third person in the cabin free made taking him very reasonable.)

Go9ersjrh - That Black Friday deal sounds amazing! Were there date restrictions? I think we've decided to cruise around Memorial Weekend 2012 and I'll definitely wait until after Thanksgiving to book (in hopes they'll have a deal like that again). Just wondering if you had to cruise by a certain date?

Thank you all for your responses!!!! It's going to be a long wait and a much anticipated cruise but I'm sure it will be worth it all!

That Black Friday deal sounds amazing! Were there date restrictions?
We also got in on the Black Friday deal & it was amazing! It was a 2-week sale that ran between Nov 26-Dec 10 with additional discounts (beyond the standard 2-for-1 and free LAX-PPT air) on all stateroom cats. Only certain 2011 voyages were eligible - select 11-nite Cook Islands or 7-nite Society Islands. Those who booked on the first day of the sale also received an additional $100 pp shipboard credit. I've been watching PG pricing for several months now & this was the best deal that I had seen. So stay tuned!

Archived