At sea days

Hibiscus13

This might sound like a really bizarre question - but, we are looking at our excursion options, and hubs is a diver - I'm not.

On our at sea days - is the water sports platform in use? I mean, can hubs take a dive trip from the platform while the ship is in motion or is the platform only in use while the ship is anchored?

I know it sounds silly but we want to make use of every single minute we have in FP :)

I don't often jump in here :::sorry for the pun, I really am:o:: but it's been my experience and I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if the ship's in motion and someone is diving from the platform.... well, I hope they can catch up or there's a dingy to scoop 'em up later... :eek:

And one that I had anticipated :)

I know that the Paul Gauguin uses a small boat for their dive trips, will they launch that boat for dive trips while the ship is in motion? Although I'm guessing it would have to have one powerful outboard motor to catch up with the ship!

This is a pretty silly question. Think about it--the ship is moving, often as quickly as possible, to get from place to place, out in the deep blue sea. The only thing that would work, if the sports platform was open (which it's not), would be to waterski behind the ship! :D

I did my first sea days on the PG in 2008, and they were great fun, did not get bored.

What can I say? When hubs didn't believe me, I had to post the question!

It's not that we expect to be bored, don't get me wrong, it's just that hubs is worried that when he's diving I'm waiting for him to get back so that we can do something together. He just thought it would be handy if he could dive on the days we weren't busy touring!

He's practical like that - and to his credit he's never even seen a picture of the ship - so is not familiar with the marina/watersports platform.

Thanks for the answers :)

Archived