Is Palo too romantic for me and my aunt?

xlivin0naprayerx

My aunt (49) and I (22 year old female) are sailing on the Wonder in March and were taking a look at possibly dining at Palo's one night since the place has awesome reviews. However, it has been described by Disney as a romantic getaway, so I was wondering if the two of us would feel out of place dining there. Is it all couples? Or are there other adults who are not couples?

TIA,

Marissa

I've not yet sailed with DCL, so take what I'm about to say with that in mind...

Go for it! I expect that Palo is merely an upscale restaurant, which would be perfect for you and your aunt to enjoy a special meal together. Disney markets it as a "romantic" spot because they have to go so hog-wild in trying to get folks to realize that Disney cruises aren't just for families with kids.

Think about it on land--"romantic" restaurants tend to just be nice, quiet, elegant places that even non-romantic couples can enjoy just fine.

Go for it! I expect that Palo is merely an upscale restaurant, which would be perfect for you and your aunt to enjoy a special meal together. Disney markets it as a "romantic" spot because they have to go so hog-wild in trying to get folks to realize that Disney cruises aren't just for families with kids.

Iceman hit it right on the nose. It is an upscale restaurant with excellent Northern Italian cuisine and great service. With it being adults-only, it is more sedate than the other restaurants. We have dined there often, and have seen a wide variety of groups there - - couples, adult families, groups of men, groups of women, and yes: even the occasional romantic couple. I don't believe you and your aunt will feel at all out of place, and I can virtually guarantee you will enjoy the experience.

So its Palo and Remy the upscale dining

what are the charges I believe Palo is $75.00 PP ouch

As another person pointed out, Remy is only on the Dream, and the charge there is $75 per person. Palo is on all three ships, and their charge is $20 per person.

Archived