Cabin choice: Best bang for buck?

FoghornLeghorn

Would love to hear your opinions on which cruiseline has the best/spacious cabins for the price.

I've sailed on Princess and Disney.

The princess ships I've been on have not had a sitting area/sofa in their balcony rooms. However, on Disney the balcony room did.

I'm considering trying a different cruiseline this year...

(not interested in an inside cabin....I'm kind of clos...clostro.....closstroph......errrr.. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE OUT):cool:

:D

Thanks y'all for your answers!

I will check them out

Hopefully, I'll get some more input from others also.

We love the minis on Princess. Lots of space with sofa and chair, nice bathroom, good balconies. Can"t stand sitting on bed!:rolleyes:

Biggest is Carnival -- at least on the Ecstasy. Bathroom showers are bigger than most home showers. Best bang-for-the-buck for me then is a 5-day Carnival in December or January excluding holidays, inside cabin category 4A or 4B.

all the balcony cabins on NCL have a sofa area.or at least the Star and Sun do. We just booked a suite on the Star, its 409sqft. with a luxury bath. You should check them out..we have been pleased. Also we get suite perks, butler and concierge service.

Yes, we had a sofa in both balconies we've been in on NCL Jade, so we presume all the Jewel class ships are the same. The aft cabin had a massive balcony, with a full length sunbed.

Jo.

I don't care what type of cabin you have, the best bang for the buck all depends on the itinerary and your travel partners.

We prefer a balcony cabin at the very least. We did cruise last month in an inside cabin (first time in several years) and didn't care for it. We thought it took away too much of the cruise experience.

I don't care what type of cabin you have, the best bang for the buck all depends on the itinerary and your travel partners.

We prefer a balcony cabin at the very least. We did cruise last month in an inside cabin (first time in several years) and didn't care for it. We thought it took away too much of the cruise experience.

Ya know I'm sorta the other way. On our cruise in Feb. 2010 we were upgraded from an inside to a balcony. Very excited as it was our first balcony. After we got home from the cruise the DW and I discussed our trip. Our consensus, enjoyed the balcony, spent no more time in cabin because we had it, one of our sea days was too cool and too windy to use it.We thought that we would rather use inside cabins as the lower price allows us to cruise more often. Reckon thats why people like cruising, something for everyone.:) Bill

Ya know I'm sorta the other way. On our cruise in Feb. 2010 we were upgraded from an inside to a balcony. Very excited as it was our first balcony. After we got home from the cruise the DW and I discussed our trip. Our consensus, enjoyed the balcony, spent no more time in cabin because we had it, one of our sea days was too cool and too windy to use it.We thought that we would rather use inside cabins as the lower price allows us to cruise more often. Reckon thats why people like cruising, something for everyone.:) Bill

I agree with this last post. We have done Balcony and inside and for the price I prefer inside. I like to get a inside room with easy access to the outdoors.

Archived