Did Spirit Make Belize??

98Charlie

What about the tender "situation"????

Some Carnival ships have passed on the port recently in a dispute over the cost of tendering. There is lots of information on the Carnival boards.

As I understand they are trying to raise the price of tendering from $5 to $7 per passenger.

Not sure if other lines (like NCL) will be following suit in an effort to keep the ships costs down.

Charlie

Anyone know if the Spirit made it's stop in Belize yesterday?

With all the chatter about the tender situation I was wondering if we will be there next week, have an extra sea day or stop at another port.

Charlie

I am wondering the same thing? We sail on the 13th and DW has a dive booked through the ship. There is wonderful diving there, and she will be very disappointed if we skip.:(

IMHO, it would be a small loss if they did drop Belize. It's not one of my favorite ports. If they replaced it with the Grand Cayman's or some other port like that, it would be fine with me.

Gene

Hey Gene - We'll find out in a few days. See ya' on the ship.

Anyone know if the Spirit made it's stop in Belize yesterday?

With all the chatter about the tender situation I was wondering if we will be there next week, have an extra sea day or stop at another port.

Charlie

I don't have a clue, but I did want to tell you: have a great cruise and enjoy the night before in NOLA, like you always do.

Nita

IMHO, it would be a small loss if they did drop Belize. It's not one of my favorite ports. If they replaced it with the Grand Cayman's or some other port like that, it would be fine with me.

Gene

My feeling exactly, I just hope, whatever they do it is cleared up before we sail in 3 weeks. We will, most likely, not get off the ship in Belize anyway.

Nita

I don't have a clue, but I did want to tell you: have a great cruise and enjoy the night before in NOLA, like you always do.

Nita

There's a plate of Gulf oysters waiting for us and I can already feel that 10x sugar on my face from the beignets.:D

Your turn will come soon.:cool:

Dianne

We are supposed to be in Belize on the Star a year from now, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Mayan ruins at Lamanai, so I hope this is not a port that gets changed. If NCL is reading this, my partner and I will pay the additional two bucks each per person to tender. :)

Gene

That is such a shame - IMHO it is my favorite port ever. In fact, we may be passing up the "excursion" in Belize for a day with a realtor. The beauty, the history, the people, the food... I dont get it. To each his own, I suppose - but I have nothing but good to say about Belize.

The tender issue has something do to with safety and the amount of liability the tender company's carry also - not just the cost. And, the worst tender ride I ever took was in Grand Cayman...in clear seas! So, each experience will vary - just like each opinion does - I do see that there are other cruise lines - including NCL - looking to follow suit with Carnival. Guess we will just have to see what happens.

We will be enjoying that 10x sugar in Nola in December - but dang....that seems so far away

Archived