Princess Bed Survey

gooch47

Are princess beds  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Are princess beds

• Too Hard
    • Too Soft
    • Just Right

Beds were just about perfect for us but even if you could choose your matress type on the cruise personaliser and they had outlets for all the major coffee brands (both European and US) on every ship some people would still find something to complain about. Then again some people are only happy when moaning so if Princess made the ships perfect they would never have an enjoyable cruise:mad:

There always seems to be lots of grumbling on the boards here but on CB we found the mattress to be good, not the most comfortable ever but certainly nothing noticeably bad (and we're soft mattress people). From what I've read, however, it appears that may vary from ship to ship.

Sorry to say I have abandoned Princess for the foreseeable future due to their hard mattresses. I've experienced backaches upon waking on 4 sailings of 3 different ships: Star, Golden, and Caribbean Princess. I was reluctantly willing to just live with it until I experienced the much better bedding on my HAL cruise last fall. I now realize there are better options.....:cool:

I sleep very well and find the beds fine. We have a hard mattress with a 3 inch memory foam topper at home. Last cruise we asked for an egg crate just to see what all the fuss was about, it was good so probably would ask for it again but it would not be essential to us.

The reason I wanted to try a poll was because people who are unhappy with something will complain about it and rightly so.

But people who are happy about something seldom mention it.

Looks like it is about 50/50 though. I really thought the ones who didn't like them would be way higher.

I experienced different mattresses on the same cruise - on the Coral a couple years ago, I had a balcony cabin and the mattress was horrible - I did not sleep the entire 11 days -- but my father and brother were on the same cruise in a mini-suite and their mattresses were very comfortable....... I guess you never know!

Archived