Close call.Almost lost my room on cruise!

BoPippy

Called my credit card company today and they say they have no record of a transaction being made,cancelled or anything.Went in to see TA today and she believes Princess did not process it properly and TA did not receive any email from Princess one way or another.Apparently,the person my TA was talking to at Princess said this has happened a few times in the past.Who do you believe!I think Princess should at least have contacted the TA when final payment was not processed instead of just dumping the file.

It boils down that we all should make final payment before the final day and get confirmation.A lesson learned.At least it all worked out.:):D

Called my credit card company today and they say they have no record of a transaction being made,cancelled or anything.Went in to see TA today and she believes Princess did not process it properly and TA did not receive any email from Princess one way or another.Apparently,the person my TA was talking to at Princess said this has happened a few times in the past.Who do you believe!I think Princess should at least have contacted the TA when final payment was not processed instead of just dumping the file.

It boils down that we all should make final payment before the final day and get confirmation.A lesson learned.At least it all worked out.:):D

You don't really know that it didn't happen. The only person you are quoting is your TA and of course she is going to CHA.

So says your TA.....:rolleyes:

I am glad it worked out but I still think you need a new TA.....IMHO she owes you.

The cruise lines DO Make mistakes - it isn't always the TA.

I had this happen to one of my own bookings - called in the final payments for three cabins, none was charged. Thank God we always do the finals a week before they are due. I had for some reason decided to check my c.c. statement and didn't see the final made. Called the other two clients we were traveling with, they checked and theirs weren't charged either.

I had the name of the rep. I spoke to and all written down - no reason given by the cruise line on why it wasn't done.

From then on my husband ALWAYS calls the cruise lines twice after making final to ensure that the cabins are paid in full

Had it not happened to me, I wouldn't have believed the cruise line could EVER a mistake either;)

But I still don't understand how the agent didn't know at the time of making payment that is was declined. Even for a transaction that they think may be fraudulant, they tell us at the time they are trying to put the payment through that is declined - be it over the phone or online.

I will tell you this - most of the cruise lines have changed their policies over the last six months and are automatically canceling cruises that are not paid in full by the final payment date. They will send e-mails twice before the final date - if the payment isn't made, they DO cancel automatically after final is due.

Maybe all you folks who have such a great TA could please share with the rest of us who struggle to find one and miss out on all that savings and service???

Unfortunately, that's a big no no here. Recommending TA's is strickly forbidden and posts that try to sneak one through are promptly removed. There are several that advertise on CC though.

Unfortunately, that's a big no no here. Recommending TA's is strickly forbidden and posts that try to sneak one through are promptly removed. There are several that advertise on CC though.

OK so you cannot give the name, but can people email you or the others who referred to the same TA to find out who this great TA is? Yes there are several that advertise here but many of us are trying to figure out who so many of you folks are talking about that save you all this $$$$ and give you all the perks. DH and I have been on a lot of cruises and I can tell you we do not get that saving. We cannot find a TA who even wants to earn a client and get a couple of cruise bookings a year plus our friends. In return give a us some $$$ savings, a few perks and watch for some deals for us. I am doing all the work and booking with whatever line I decide to travel on, too bad for a TA who says, "I do not have the time to be checking on that for you". And yes that is what I've been told by more than one TA. So no, I am not lazy, I can do it all myself but if there are TA's out there providing the service you discribe I sure would love to throw my business their way.

Oh my, didn't your travel agent have someone covering for her/him while he/she was away? I would never think of booking with a TA that went away for a week and didn't have someone taking care of business for them while they were gone.

Glad to hear you could rectify the problem though.

That's one of the reasons we always book direct with Princess!

Nope sorry, you can't ask others to email you with the information either. :(

That's really strange as I see folks tell others to email them when looking for specific information on these boards all the time. Well too bad as more business lost for TA's. I guess the folks bragging about having the best TA since sliced bread and canned peaches by saving them big $$$ and getting them great perks will just have to keep their secret among themsevles.

That's really strange as I see folks tell others to email them when looking for specific information on these boards all the time. Well too bad as more business lost for TA's. I guess the folks bragging about having the best TA since sliced bread and canned peaches by saving them big $$$ and getting them great perks will just have to keep their secret among themsevles.

Yes they do exchange private e mails about tour operators and taxi companies in ports of call Where do you live it is not shown on your avatar - each country has some good and some not so good agencies:cool:

Yes they do exchange private e mails about tour operators and taxi companies in ports of call Where do you live it is not shown on your avatar - each country has some good and some not so good agencies:cool:

I live in the U.S. Yes I have seen requests for those things and many others. Where the response is that it cannot be posted in a public posting so they are told if interested in information they are free to contact them. Please understand I am not trying to cause trouble, start a war or get flamed. It is just that several folks indicated they had a really good TA and some of us would love to find one. After some really bad experiences DH and I thought well maybe with so many folks speaking so highly of the same one but not to be I guess. Oh well life goes on ....... Not like it will keep me from sailing.

Calm seas to all.

I live in the U.S. Yes I have seen requests for those things and many others. Where the response is that it cannot be posted in a public posting so they are told if interested in information they are free to contact them. Please understand I am not trying to cause trouble, start a war or get flamed. It is just that several folks indicated they had a really good TA and some of us would love to find one. After some really bad experiences DH and I thought well maybe with so many folks speaking so highly of the same one but not to be I guess. Oh well life goes on ....... Not like it will keep me from sailing.

Calm seas to all.

You can share with your roll call group; i.e. tour info, taxi info, etc.

Archived