final cruise of Oceanias Insignia Apr.2012

LFCNUT

It appears the T/A Rio/Barcelona Mar22,2012 will be Insignias last cruise for Oceania as they will be leasing out the ship for a couple of years after Apr.

Has anyone cruised on the "final" voyage of a ship and are the staff/crew in such a sombre mood it brings everyone down? Conversely could it just be a "voyage of joy" celebrating the end of an era. We are booked on this cruise and am a little concerned that the crew may be distracted by the pending loss of employment and therefore not as motivated as usual.

Hopefully most of the staff will be switching to Riviera which is due to come onstream in April 2012,therefore we will not be affected at all.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Those that want to transfer over to the new ship will probably be accommodated

There is 400 crew on the R ships & 800 on the Oceania Class ships

I cannot believe the crew would be any less efficient than normal

Lyn

I cruised on the original Sun Princess just before it was sold. The food was lousy-in fact for years I had saved the menus with my late wife's comments. When they announced Buon Appetito it struck fear in our heart

The crew could not care, and the accomodations were terrible.

We sailed on the Regal Princess before she transferred to P&O. Food was great. Crew was great. However, changes were being made to the ship in advance of the transfer. Like adding a golf driving area. It was very noisey in that area and in our cabin below the area being worked on. My take after the experience is that the last or even first cruise of a particular ship has a bump or too and will not the the Typical cruise product for that line. If you are very picky, I would avoid those cruises. If the price and timing is right, then go and enjoy.

Archived