Question about a cabin on the upper deck

majosa

We are looking to book a cabin on the Fascination. I am hoping someone can tell us about the room U1. It is the first cabin and we are curious about the noise and such. Can anyone shed some light on it? Thank you!:confused:

wITH a cruise booking out this far in advance-- why would you pic a cabin all the way there?

You will get a rude awakening when they drop the anchor-- very loud. it wont last long--just enough.

Its a LONG walk to the food/pools every day.

If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion being here.

How much extra is a 6A on the Rivera deck?

I've stayed in U2 on a Fantasy-class ship and I would never again stay there. It sounded kind of like the anchor was being run through our room as it was being dropped. That, or a freight train. At 5 AM.

Other than that noise, you don't hear much.

Thank you all for the information. Here is the deal. We are looking at the early saver. When selecting it we chose the interior cabin. Then it gave us the option of a port hole cabin for the same price. We thought that would be cool since on our last cruise we had a interior cabin. I went back and looked at prices since a couple of yall had mentioned it. So the only thing is even if we chose a inside cabin and we choose the middle of the ship or aft we will pay more. At least 50 dollars for cheapest. I know not a lot of money but 50 to 100 dollars is alot to us. I told my hubby about the things mentioned and he said he was fine at the front. We both are heavy sleepers so noise is not a big deal. We realize that a anchor dropping is LOUD! But we looked at it that would be our wake up call for the mornings in port! We are just super excited to be able to go again. By the time we go it will be almost 5 years:eek:

I will let you know the final outcome when we book! :D

At this point, you have the choice of a lot of porthole cabins, not just U1.

We stayed in U16 and loved it! Currently, it is showing as available for your sailing. Remember, also, they don't show all the available cabins unless there are only a few left.

Here are my pictures for U16.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569135278fwGhKm

We really like the porthole cabins on Fantasy class ships, but I try to get one as close to the regular ov cabins and the stairs/elevators as possible.

Archived